Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Shop apron??? Pencil on the ear???

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    schmatta
    Schmatta - Is that a new word for a "Doo-rag"? ]

Ted

Fully clothed with apron from Lee Valley. Easy on and off with quick release catches.

Apron holds
    • .5mm mechanical pencil
    • Starrett 12' tape in the pocket.

Ted

And Mark - Why do you want to know? . . . .

[

Ted,

I am doing research for a new cloting line for woodworkers I am starting..."Armani for the Shop"

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shrader
    Fully clothed with apron from Lee Valley. Easy on and off with quick release catches.

Apron holds
    • .5mm mechanical pencil
    • Starrett 12' tape in the pocket.
    Ted

And Mark - Why do you want to know? . . . .

[
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

yes, apron plus pencil in the ear

Oops, I see you said pencil on the ear. I prefer pencil in the ear since it doesn't interfere with wearing safety glasses, as some have pointed out. And then I don't have to wear those earmuffs. And I try to stuff my apron full of every conceivable item...of course I can't move, but you can't have everything.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    New Lee Valley apron here. The price is great and I don't get yellled at as much for scattering various types of dust all over the house. Highland Hardware had a very nice leather apron at a good price the other day that I was lusting after, more pockets (but not to many) and a smooth leather surface (better for dust to fall off of).

A pencil want stay behind my ear because of my glassed frame
    Last edited by Mike Holbrook; 02-20-2005 at 2:33 PM.

I wear one piece short sleeve poplin coveralls by WearGuard. Pencils on the bench or in the breast pocket of the coveralls. I used to keep pencils in my hair when longer (in my case - bushier) hair was in style.

JM

Shorts, Pocketed "T" shirt & Reebok Leather Walking shoes, year round. When it's cold, a blue buttoned longsleeve work shirt on top. I have an Ace hardware shop Apron that I use quite a bit depending on what i'm doing. I like a Ball cap, but it's too much trouble anymore because of the Dust mask, hearing protection, & safety cover over my glasses. If it gets below about 28*, I usually don't go to the shop as there's no heat, so my feet eventually get cold from the Concrete floor.

It depends whether or not the shop has been heated up. I keep the shop at about 5 degrees Celcius overnight then heat it up to about 15 to 17 in the morning.

The first photo shows me first thing in the morning wearing my heavy lined cotton shirt with my coffee to provide extra warmth while waiting for the shop to warm up. By the way, the ear muffs are not to keep me warm -I was wearingt them to do some sanding which was briefly interupted for this photo.

In the second photo the shop has warmed up to 16 and I am in a short sleaved cotton shirt, Cathcartt overalls (notice pencil in bib pocket), and sneakers. In pockets you can't see in the photo, there are a tape measure, a small square, and two red pens.

I usually wear prescription safety glasses but I had temporarily misplaced them when these photos were taken.

I never wear a hat inside (my mother frowned upon it and I guess she trained me well ).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Frank Pellow; 02-20-2005 at 8:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shrader
    Schmatta - Is that a new word for a "Doo-rag"?
    No, it's a term that really pre-dates "doo-rag" by several generations!

I do the pencil above the ear. But as I age, my hair tends to be worn shorter and shorter. I'm finding these days that the pencil falls off a lot more, then I wonder just were I lost it. When I'm painting, or in the sun a lot, I'll wear a cap "rally" style so the bill keeps the sun off my neck. During these times, the pencil will pop up into the cap and helps hold it better. Jim.

I usually wear whatever I have on that day, which really iratates my wife, because that means I'm usually wearing my good slacks with a polo shirt or nice button down. I always carry a mechanical pencil and pen in my pocket.
    Wes Newman

"Where did all of my money go? "

Talking I wear bib overall.

I wear bib overalls . They have places for lots ot things. And I blow them off when I go into the house. They help my cloes last longer and I like them. Mike

My sister and law gave me an apron as a gift and I do try to remember to use it. When I get out to the shop though I always seem to get into things for quire awhile before I remember it! Usually its jeans, sneakers and an old shirt.

Warsaw, In was born and raised in Wapakoneta, Ohio Still a Buckeye

Bibs

As Mike has said I also wear bibs for the comfort and the convenience of "mobile storage". I always have pencil on the ear even after I leave the shop. Somehow I can remember to empty the contents of my "mobile storage" but can never take the pencil from the ear. They will accumulate near my Lazy-boy until the wife says to "get them out of here" and then the process starts all over again.

Max Schultz
    Warsaw, IN

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Blaustein
    Oops, I see you said pencil on the ear. I prefer pencil in the ear since it doesn't interfere with wearing safety glasses, as some have pointed out. And then I don't have to wear those earmuffs. And I try to stuff my apron full of every conceivable item...of course I can't move, but you can't have everything.

LMAOPMP

Nice one!!!

I usually wear jeans, T shirt and shoes. Pencil goes under the right side of my hat or laying where I put it last (where the heck is that darn thing?) Tape measure on right side of belt and cell phone on left side (not that I can hear it ring with the saw and dust collector going)