Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Shop apron??? Pencil on the ear???

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    I've been known to occasionally don a schmatta when turning to keep the chips out of my lovely locks...
    Tell me that your Stubby 750 looks like a Oneway 1018.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvin Alstot
    Tell me that your Stubby 750 looks like a Oneway 1018.
    Old, pre-Stubby picture, Corvin!

Aperon

Hi All,
    It is good to be back.Nope on aperon here,but do ware what I call a turner's smock.Well was going to post a pix,but can't get it to work,so you might want to look at my Picture Trail. www.PictureTrail.com/c-b-woodpeckershop.Album What Have You.
    Just Charlie

Sometimes an Apron

I have a canvas Bucket Boss apron that I try to use when doing some serious work. But I have found that this little tool pouch fits the bill nicely as well. It keeps my most frequently needed 'things' close to me.

It has a metal clip on the back that can clip over belt or onto pants' pocket. The screw driver is one of those w/ 4 bits, Needle nose pliers, utility knife, flashlight, Sharpie and pencil.

These tools are not all (obviously) woodworking centric, but they are almost always needed at some point while I'm out messin about in the garage / shop.

-Linc
    Attached Images Attached Images

No apron. Shorts and pocket t-shirt in the summer, old cargo pants and long sleeve pocket t-shirt in the winter. The pocket is for my pencils. Gotta have that. I've thought about a belt or fanny pack so I don't have to track all over the shop to pick up my tape measure. Again.

Put me down for a shop apron/personal dust collector

LV apron and pencil on the ear, in the apron pocket, on the bench, on the table and every other place EXCEPT where I need one.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx...&FamilyID=4833This is the apron I wear all the time. The straps go over your shoulders not around your neck. Very comfortable. A little pricey but well worth the money.
    Last edited by Marvin Ewing; 02-25-2005 at 9:55 PM.

Thumbs up

I wear a small apron around my waist I got on sale from Rockler. It looks like I'm wearing a loin cloth. I will eventually go to a full size apron.

How do I get that Sawmill Creek hat?

Question Question re hats and mugs to Jackie Outten

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kelley
    How do I get that Sawmill Creek hat?
    An order for a number of hats was placed last summer. They sold out.

Jackie Outten was supposed to be arranging another order of hats (and mugs), but she has not yet done so. Jackie, when is this likely to happen?

Frank,

I will put up the link for the hats on Tuesday, March 1st. I will take order for hats until March 15th at which time I will place the order. I am still working on the mugs. What I really need to know is if more people would be interested in the travel mugs or the ceramic coffee mugs. I have to order a minimum of 50 of either to place the order so I will go with the majority on this one; however, if there is enough interest, we can get both.

Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Outten
    Frank,

I will put up the link for the hats on Tuesday, March 1st. I will take order for hats until March 15th at which time I will place the order. I am still working on the mugs. What I really need to know is if more people would be interested in the travel mugs or the ceramic coffee mugs. I have to order a minimum of 50 of either to place the order so I will go with the majority on this one; however, if there is enough interest, we can get both.

Jackie
    Thanks for the fast response Jackie. Good to hear about the hats. Will you be running a poll in order to ask about the mugs?

I used the Skiller work vest system for the last few years before I retired. I still use the vest in the shop.

Jeans, boots and flannel shirt this time of year.

Jeans, boots, and t-shirt when it is warmer.

Carpenter's belt (like Norm) with pencils, tape, combo square, 16oz estwing hammer most of the time, working on the house or in the shop. I switch to a knee length leather machinist's apron when working with metal or turning. Always have the safety glasses on the top of my head or on my nose.

Bill R.

Thanks for that inquiry Frank.

I was thinking about that just before we headed to the WW show last week in Milwaukee. Thought how kewl it would have been to be wearing a SMC hat.

I'm anxiously awaiting Tuesday so I can place my order.
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.