Thread: Long Shot Question

Long Shot Question

In the process of working to improve the dust collection, I discovered that my Craftsman 315.228390 table saw has the 315.22100 dust collection gizmo attached to it. At least part of it. It has the dust shield mounted, but the elbow that attaches to it and the dust bag are missing. The bag I don't need, but the elbow might be nice. Any chance someone has one of this devices and could get me some measurements? Looks like there is no way to order parts, though I did find a manual on Hammerwall.

Here is a picture I clipped from the manual...315.22100.JPGBasically, I'm looking to get t a fitting that I can attach to my dust collector.

If there's enough clearance, I'd skip the elbow and attach your fitting right to the part that comes off the shield. Or if you need an elbow, measure the part you do have and head to the store to find a PVC fitting that will work. You can adapt a bigger elbow by wrapping the part it slides over with electrical tape.

I like Matt's PVC suggestion. If you cannot find a good match for size, or the discharge chute is other than purely circular...radiator hose is available at most auto parts stores in a variety of diameters, with various bends and it's flexible.

BobV

Good point. Or the Fernco couplers for sewer pipe. I've used a few of those over the years in DC applications.

Main reason I wanted a coupling of some kind on the shroud is that its fitting is incomplete, doesn't give you a complete tube. I figured something that could be more or less permanently attached and give a good hook up for the hose would be better. Mostly I was wanting to avoid the contortions necessary to get under there and measure it myself

Thanks for the coupler suggestions, I'll get my measurements and check them out!
    Last edited by Jerome Hanby; 08-10-2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: more info