Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tool Mule

Tool Mule

Got an e-mail about a product called Tool Mule that attaches to a lathe. Looks interesting. Anyone using it or have an opinion?

You can build your own with some 80/20 extrusion. Kind of pricey IMHO at Craftsupplies.

I'm kinda with Andrew on that. That being said, if convenience and 'polish' is more important than saving some $$, it looks like a nice product with some nice add-ons. Just isn't much there that once you see it...you couldn't make with a little creativity. The price for the Moffatt lamp at $99 bucks is over twice what you can buy the lamp alone for from WT Tool. So for another $50 you get a piece of 1/4"x2"x6" red painted piece of iron and a knob...I think that's pretty stiff personally.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

Aside from the steep price and ability to make something comparable myself, this setup would also limit the open angles around my lathe that I might want to work from. May be a tad unconventional at times, but I'm not a fan of having my mobility limited...I'd rather take the extra set over to where my gear is.

I neat idea, but like Marty said it limits mobility. You could easily build a mobile cart with the same functionality at a much lower price.

I like my table saw just fine.
    Tony

"Soldier On"

Quote Originally Posted by Tony De Masi View Post
    I like my table saw just fine.
    Now that's just hilarious!!!
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

I thought that's why it's called a TABLE saw.

+1 for the table saw.

+1 on the table saw. If you need more storage, get a router table extension wing... it works for me
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

I bought one of the wire mesh, tube steel post, racks on wheels, maybe 18 wide, 36 long and 40+ high to set my sanding station on. Found it works well for turning tools as well, and being on wheels, it is mobile.

robo hippy

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Markham View Post
    +1 on the table saw. If you need more storage, get a router table extension wing... it works for me
    I have the router table extension on my table saw, together they make a great wood storage platform!!
    Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Woodcraft sells a cover for your T-saw,B-saw and scroll saw, they're like great big refrigerator magnets.I put one on my Table saw and it stays like new no marks or scratches NO Rust and I use it for storage and a assembling table. Also the one for the bandsaw really helps keep the rust down if you leave it on when your cutting green wood or treated lumber.

Thanks for all the responses. Sounds like total agreement that this Tool Mule product should be avoided at all costs.

Exactly where can you buy a Moffatt lamp for $50? If WT Tool refers to Wholesale Tools, I could not find this lamp on their site. I am looking for one but only find one with long enough flex at Oneway and the price takes my breath away.