Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: File this under "Unwanted Guest"

Peter, why would I want to go to an infecious hospital? I'd rather go to a clean one.
    I drink, therefore I am.

At the high point i snuffed about 14 black widows around the outside of the house one summer, with numbers ranging from 7-10 serveral other summers. I must have gotten all the mommies, as i haven't seen any for 2-3 years.
    The 'mommies' are the black ones.. The males are small and brown, and not around for long after they've been 'used' I hear..Hence the name...
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Very impressive... And um, now of course a bit flattened..... Reminds me of the time I was playing in Texas as a kid in our front yard, and looked down at my feet to see a Tarantula spider carefully making its way across my shoe and off into the grass. We all stopped playing, and just watched it do its thing. Didn't kill it, too impressed by it as it was the largest spider I'd seen at the time. Most spiders don't bother me, Scorpions however, I will kill on sight. Family members have been hit by them, and I've almost gotten stung twice while living in Texas, but fast reflexes saved me both times. Whew......

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Thank you all for giving me the creepy crawlies. A few years ago I participated in a medicinal plant walk along the Ogeechee Canal. I was so busy looking down I didn't look up . . . walked through a huge web with one of those big spiders like Charles has pictured. . . . and it was on me . . . and I was jumping around like I was doing some crazy dance and chanting "getitoffme, getitoffme getitoffme". The guide was laughing so hard he could help me. The dance was one of those where you just hop around in circles and the thing is still chasing you. I don't think he was a dancing spider.
    My wife kept doing that in Florida in '94 while we were vacationing in St. Augustine. After the first 3 times, you get used to the screams and it becomes more of a nuisance...
    The spiders may still have a ban on her from entering the County and destroying their webs. These days they have good lawyers...