Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayers and good thoughts needed!

Prayers and good thoughts needed!

I haven't been here much lately and most likely won't be around too much in the near future. My dad, we got the final diagnosis today, has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. He and mom, and me too, will appreciate your prayers and good thoughts. He is 91 and his mind is sharp. He had to quit work in '80 because of blindness. He still has his sense of humor. That's all on the good side for him. He is too ill to go home they say and I believe it. Looking at hospice/nursing home options tomorrow.

LOML had carpel tunnel surgery last Friday to add to the mix. Nothing but an inconvenience compared to dad's problems.

Dad was pleased when I told him I have a great group of friends that I have never met that would be pulling for him. He has a nickname he picked up in grammar school--the teacher asked him if he was related to Casey Jones, the engineer. Dad said I don't know, but I'll ask mom tonight. Friends have called him Casey ever since.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

I'll be praying Ron. Tough disease. I lost an aunt to it last summer, she was 55. Hospice will be a tremendous help and a comfort.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Ron,

I am sorry to hear about your father. You are all in my prayers.

God Bless, Sam

My thoughts and prayers go out to your Dad and your family Ron!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Ron, Prayers sent, best wishes to your dad and a speedy recovery for your wife.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Thoughts and prayers for your Dad and your family.
    I was sad because I had no shoes,
    Then I saw a man who had no feet
    ================================
    If you do today what no one else will,
    You'll do tomorrow what no one else can

Thoughts and prayers. He sounds like a great guy. Best wishes!

I was once told by a minister that "you need the prayers and I need the practice" Well its time to practice. God Bless all of you. Go get em Casey!
    The last time I saw the light at the end of the tunnel it was another train heading at me...

Prayers sent Ron. Be strong for your father.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Your father and your family will be in my prayers.

Blog Entries
    Good thoughts and wishes to you and your family
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Tell Casey, your group of friends are all praying for him....and for you, to find strength to deal with the future
    Women are like phones. They love to be held and talked to, but if you press the wrong buttons you'll get disconnected!

Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other

Blog Entries
    Ron,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

Thanks everyone. Dad went to hospice today. He is not in pain--what a blessing!
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Ron May the grace and comfort of our Lord and Savior be with Casey and the rest of you, When things seem to be the darkest He is the closest just reach to Him for your strength and wisdom during this difficult time.
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)