Thread: ever wish something would break?

ever wish something would break?

I spent last weekend planing down some 12" wide knotty pine boards with my DW764. I could barely take 1/16" off at a time without popping the breaker. Sure, I could have flipped the knives but there was no way I was going to waste the fresh edge on knotty boards. Perhaps I should have because I ended up melting the drive belt. That stupid belt is $32 and it is on back order! This is that odd instance where I kind of wish the belt were a lot more expensive and/or no longer made so I could justify getting a better planer with a spiral head.

Just do it anyway...............the economy needs your help

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Noterman View Post
    Just do it anyway...............the economy needs your help
    ROFLMAO we all need this type of cheering section.

If it makes you feel better I threw a new pair of Wiss snips off the roof into the woods yesterday. I use snips to cut dimensional shingles and forgot my dedicated yard sale pair, so I bought some new ones as I was working on my house on Sunday. JUNK! Junk doesn't last long around me......

And I am not going to go pick them up.......

Larry

I've got this Dewalt DW705 miter saw, that just won't quit. I've been pounding on it for like 10 years now. I bought it when it was considered the cats meow. Still cuts dead aware in both planes and shows no signs of quitting anytime soon. I would really like that fancy new Bosch, but really can't justify spending $800 bucks when there is nothing wrong with the old saw. Now if it were to develop a little play...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    I've got this Dewalt DW705 miter saw, that just won't quit. I've been pounding on it for like 10 years now. I bought it when it was considered the cats meow. Still cuts dead aware in both planes and shows no signs of quitting anytime soon. I would really like that fancy new Bosch, but really can't justify spending $800 bucks when there is nothing wrong with the old saw. Now if it were to develop a little play...
    Johnny, don't forget: new is not necessarily better
    There are probably 1000's of folks that would love a miter saw that is dead square.

-Brian

Ben, do you use your planer alot? If you do it might be time for a stationary one. Look at planers in the 12 to 15 inch range. My Belsaw 12 inch with a 3hp motor would make quick work of those boards. I could easily take off an 1/8th and the machine wouldn't break a sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    Got the same saw for about the same time. It is a very dear friend!
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.