Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Triple Grizzly Gloat

Triple Grizzly Gloat

A few weeks ago I introduced myself here at SMC and asked advice on getting a new cabinet saw. I got lots of good input and used it to make a purchase of a 1023SL. What I didn't mention in my intro was that I was also interested in a new jointer and bandsaw. To make a long story short, with the blessing of the LOML, I made multiple trips to Grizzly's Muncy showroom and returned with the table saw and the big G0500 8" jointer and G0513 17" band saw. Spent two weekends getting them set up and enjoyed every second of it! I guess this post counts as somewhat of a shop tour, too. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go make some sawdust.

Jon
    Attached Images Attached Images

John <----- ENVY

Talk about jumping right in! Looks like you shop is laid out nicely too - plenty of room, plenty of power receiptacles... nice!

Jon -

Did you leave the planer out of the gloat, too? Nice haul, congratulations!

Ted

Nice

Nice shop!

MAN how does it feel to all that new stuff all at once.??????

I get rush just getting 1 toy.... but 3 at once!!!

There do you begin?????

Do you play with the bandsaw first... or maybe the table saw....or maybe the jointer....

You are one lucky dog

Enjoy your new tools!

-jj

Congrats on the triple gloat! I would be happy with just one of them

John,
    Congrats on the new toys. Looks like the shop is moving along.

I've been up to Muncy about 3 times over the last few weeks. I'll probably be up there again in about two weekends.

chris

Awesome! What a nice way to get "instant" shop with the blessing of the boss, too! But of course, you know this means that project pictures are now expected...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I'd like to hear about that bandsaw.
    Craig

Lucky duck, lucky duck, lucky duck! Great gloat Jon. I know you're going to love your new Griz toys.
    Kent Cori

Half a bubble off plumb

I think my head would pop if I got three at one time.

Congrats!

I should mention that these all replaced my entry-level bench top tools - Delta 6" jointer, Delta 9" band saw and Ryobi 10" table saw. I just thought I'd mention that in case people might have gotten the impression these new tools were my "firsts." I've had the Griz planer for a while. I haven't seen the need to upgrade that, as it serves me quite well. I also have a Grizzly floor model DP and 2HP DC. Yes, I like their products, and I especially like being so close to the showroom in Muncy.

Dang bro, you went whole hog. Congrats.

Better than the three machines, you should gloat about the size of your workshop. I think most of us here are making due with basements and garages and it looks like you have quite a nice space there. I'm going to go work in my "shop" now until my wife comes home and wants to park in the middle of it.

Whoaa..... That is a nice haul. I picked up the 1023SL last week. I was going to post a pic, but I still haven't gotten my shop cleaned up enough to take a pic for the public to see . Looks like you really have a nice shop setup. Did your machine come out of the box right on like mine did? I didn't have a single adjustment to make... And here I spent all that money on a new dial indicator .

Greg

15. Thumbs up

.... Just ONE pic ? Where are the rest? Welcome to the Creek Jon. Your looking good.

Boyd

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Farley
    A few weeks ago I introduced myself here at SMC and asked advice on getting a new cabinet saw. I got lots of good input and used it to make a purchase of a 1023SL. What I didn't mention in my intro was that I was also interested in a new jointer and bandsaw. To make a long story short, with the blessing of the LOML, I made multiple trips to Grizzly's Muncy showroom and returned with the table saw and the big G0500 8" jointer and G0513 17" band saw. Spent two weekends getting them set up and enjoyed every second of it! I guess this post counts as somewhat of a shop tour, too. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go make some sawdust.

Jon
    Every man’s work is always a portrait of himself.