Thread: 2011 SMC Pen Exchange REMINDER #2

2011 SMC Pen Exchange REMINDER #2

OK folks there is about a week to go if you want to get your pens exchanged and posted by the completion date of September 1, 2011. I have reviewed the sticky thread, Partners and Pen Photos - 2011 SMC Pen Exchange and made note of the pens that have been posted and who they came from. This is a summary list. Still a lot of blank spaces to be filled so lets get your pens shipped and if already received get them photo'd and posted. If you are having any problems with getting photos at least post a word description and an acknowledgement to your exchange partner.

2011PenEx2.jpg

Updated 8/25/11
    Last edited by James Combs; 08-25-2011 at 10:59 AM.

"The best things in life are not things."

Hi James,

Gene sent me a note that he needed to pull out of the exchange. He said that he would be traveling for a few months and would be unable to hit the shop until Sept or Oct. He suggested that toss my name back in the hat, but everyone was already paired up. I have participated in previous exchanges and I have had fun with those exchanges. This one I figured I could sit out, besides I had fun watching Betty do her exchange. Could you put Gene and me down as N/A?

Thanks,
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Fox View Post
    Hi James,
    Gene sent me a note that he needed to pull out of the exchange. He said that he would be traveling for a few months and would be unable to hit the shop until Sept or Oct. He suggested that toss my name back in the hat, but everyone was already paired up. I have participated in previous exchanges and I have had fun with those exchanges. This one I figured I could sit out, besides I had fun watching Betty do her exchange. Could you put Gene and me down as N/A?

Thanks,
    Ron
    Thanks for the heads up Ronald. As long as you both agreed it is not a problem. There is usually one each year so you can catch the next one in 2012.

I got and sent mine. I just have not taken a picture yet. I have been real busy with work.

James......would you like this thread to be a sticky?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

The table above has been updated. Note that a couple of updates are based on comments in this thread.

I got a note from Chris Burgress asking if I would be willing to pair up with him. It seems he is a new member and was bummed that he missed out on the exchange. I sent him a note that I would be happy to pair up with him, so it looks like I am back in the exchange

Thanks for organizing this Jim, and hope i am not to much trouble, lol

Thanks,
    Ron

Thom sent me a note that he received mine.
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Karl and I have been messaging back and forth... he has the one I sent... and his is on the way to me... I'll post some pics when I get it... and another big THANK YOU to James for setting this up... much fun

James, the pen Greg sent to me was posted in his thread. If I need to post another pic. let me know and I will. Thanks. RUSSELL

Posting Pen Photos

I don't suppose that posting photos of the pen(s) you got is mandatory but we were hopping that everyone would post their photos in one place (the sticky at the top of the turner's forum page http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...C-Pen-Exchange) and doing so was suggested in the original opt-in thread. (5th paragraph down) and again in the sticky noted above.

Posting in the sticky will allow the entire exchange to be reviewed at anyone's leisure. And if I am not mistaken (its my first time doing this so I may be) the sticky will become a permanent record inside the "The Master Sticky -...".

Therefore if you folks that have indicated that you have received and sent your pens wouldn't mind posting a photo or two I am sure others will appreciate it, I know I would.

Thanks everyone for your participation.

Sorry for the delay, but this has been a hectic month or so. I retire next Wednesday and we have been busy looking at houses.
    IMG_20110825_183051.jpg

Here's the pen Jim sent and the bonus blanks. His are on the way Express mail.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).