Thread: Dylos monitor

Dylos monitor

I just received my Dylos as part of the group buy. Got the model that reads the smaller particles. After watching it in my office displaying about 150 and then putting in the shop and seeing the same reading I felt pretty good. Started sawing and a little sanding and watched the display go to 5000 pretty fast. I will definitely use the air cleaners more than before and get my name on the lung transplant list. Dave

Mine just came today. I will play with it sometime soon . I fully expect to see a difference with running my JDS air filter, but all the info will be interesting. I REALLY want to see how bad the air is with using my sliding miter saw, as that's the main weak collection point for me with any of the power tools.

Also check out your house with the AC/furnace running vs not. When I got mine I was like "whoa!" (to steal a line :P) and decided that maybe I ought to change my furnace filters just a little bit more often (and maybe upgrade one level). Its also interesting to checkout various rooms/conditions, like the living room - try "ambient" and then plop down on the couch how much particles does that throw up? On second though.. you probably don't actually want to know

I have radiator heat, but DO have Central air, so the air movement/dust kick-up will get measured for the A/C just so I know what the baseline is with it on and off [even with what maybe I don't want to know!!!!] Should be interesting this weekend.

Got mine today!! Ran it in the house with windows open, I live right in the village, and it was averaging about 350-450 depending on my movements. I guess the house keepers didn't do that good of a job on Thursday. Took it out to the shop and plugged it in and averaging between 750-1050 depending on if I'm moving about and the breeze coming thru the open doors. Oops! just realized I didn't look for the cable. I think I have one kicking around that I can use. This will be neat to trend and try to decrease the dust.