Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally finished!!! DeWalt GWI RAS

Thanks for the information. Sounds like even I could set that up. Hmmm, seems like I remember seeing a spindle shaped turning blank in Rosewood at Woodcraft last time I was up there...

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    I took 2 nuts of the correct size and ground them down and then put a couple of flats on them. I epoxied them into an appropiate sized hole. I used an appropiate sized bolt (head cut off) held in a chuck to hold the wood while I turned it. I doubt you would find inserts for most of the sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Hanby View Post
    Thanks for the information. Sounds like even I could set that up. Hmmm, seems like I remember seeing a spindle shaped turning blank in Rosewood at Woodcraft last time I was up there...
    I used a 2"x2"x13" Rosewood blank from Woodcraft and was able to get all of the knobs out of it. It cost me $13 IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    I used a 2"x2"x13" Rosewood blank from Woodcraft and was able to get all of the knobs out of it. It cost me $13 IIRC.
    Sweet, I've got a key in the mail from WC for some chance at a give away that I think occurs this Saturday. I may see if I can grab a similar piece.

Looks fantastic. I'm about to start a GK (it's a little bigger than the GWI). Did you restore or replace the badges and scales? If replacement, where did you find them?

Thanks

Ryan

Very nice job, I'm impressed.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Hellmer View Post
    Looks fantastic. I'm about to start a GK (it's a little bigger than the GWI). Did you restore or replace the badges and scales? If replacement, where did you find them?

Thanks

Ryan
    The Dewalt badge on the arm and base are orignal. They were in pretty good shape. The bevel gauge cleaned up with some silver cleaner and brasso. My ripscale was pretty beat up. I used a piece of brass and printed out an Excel replica of the scale on Avery bumper sticker paper and stuck it to the brass. I then coated it with some crystal celar paint. The miter scale is printed from Excel and sized in photoshop. I printed it out on bumper sticker paper as well. The Dewalt keep blade sharp sticker is from a file on the OWWM website printed on bumper sticker paper also.
    Last edited by Cary Falk; 09-02-2011 at 11:26 AM.