Thread: Vase Series

Vase Series

Well the LOML came up with more drawings so I went to work. These are all from Elm as I had several pieces laying around that were 2 or 3 yrs old. She wanted a couple with no scallops and just plain wood. One with a lid and the other without. The other two are scalloped on with the plain wood and she wanted a red rim. Not sure about that but hey if she wants it who am I to argue especially when she told me I could order some Easy Wood Tools. The other is another red one this time with a lid. I sanded it back some to be able to see the grain. Probably could have sanded a little more but still learning this dyeing thing. Anyway all finished with rattle can lacquer. They are 6" tall and about 5" across. So I guess now we will continue the series but I told her they would have finials. She said ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

2. I really like these Bernie........a unique form and well done! They have a striking appearance that would look good in any display..................

clapping-hands.gif
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Bernie
    They are all beautiful, keep it up,I really like the scalloped ones, Your work is really nice.

Bernie - Great job on all of these, but the scalloped ones are my favorites.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Weishapl View Post
    Well the LOML came up with more drawings so I went to work.
    Well done Bernie. I think you two have a good thing going on!

Very nice Bernie. I especially like the contrast with the black. Very interesting shapes. You and the wife make a good team. Alan
    Alan T. Thank God for every pain free day you live.

Bernie, you are on a roll with these vase forms!! Really some neat variations, too. I like the colored ones best, I think.

Thanks everyone. They are a lot of fun and did a new one today based on a suggestion and another design that we talked about.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.