Thread: Koa hall table

Koa hall table

Here is a hall table I just finished for a friend's new house. It is made from Koa with Mango inlays and arched accent. The finish is Watco Danish oil and paste wax. The outdoor shot is to show the color of the wood in sunlight. I appologize for the not so great photography.

thanks for looking,
    Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rob Wong; 08-29-2011 at 3:19 PM. Reason: Mango inlay, not Maple

Thanks for posting that. Really beautiful. I like the leg tapers and the thin arch under the top. Interesting item on top as well.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Beautiful! I love koa, I just wish it wasn't so darned pricey. I bought some plain Jane koa - no curl but very pretty, when I was working on Kauai and paid $23bf for it.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Nice work !!!
    MARK

Fine job on the table Rob, from the tapered legs to the thin arch not to mention the inlay...

Very very nice. The table has a lot of interest from the figured wood and inlay to the tapered legs and they all work well together.

WOW! I wish I had more for you, but I don't.