Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let me see your Plough

That Miller's Patent is incredible. The details in that casting are truely beautiful. You did a great job in bringing it all together Derek. Thanks for posting, these are the type of plough's Id love to see more of.

And for now with all the praises of the Veritas small plow I will probably just get on with this option. I was hoping for a few more pics of some nice wooden plough's like Orlando has posted. Also was hoping someone has a somewhat recently made wooden plough from Old Street, DL Barrett and Sons, etc. At the moment these wooden options are out of my budget but i will certainly save my pennies. It is probably my favorite plane to look at and some of the newer plane makers do incredible things with their plough's.

Thanks for the help.

I have one of the ECE plow planes with multiple blades.
    I believe that the hand position on these things is a vital concern - some force is required to track well and keep the blade moving.

The ECE design lacks a rear handle, and that is VERY uncomfortable before long, particularly when the going is tough.
    I would suggest getting a plow plane with a large (and smooth) handle for your comfort at the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    I have one of the ECE plow planes with multiple blades.
    I believe that the hand position on these things is a vital concern - some force is required to track well and keep the blade moving.

The ECE design lacks a rear handle, and that is VERY uncomfortable before long, particularly when the going is tough.
    I would suggest getting a plow plane with a large (and smooth) handle for your comfort at the bench.
    Perhaps it would benefit the user to start at the end of the piece and work his/her way backward, much like I do with molding planes.

Pam