Thread: Bottle openers (i.e. beer)

Bottle openers (i.e. beer)

First off let me get this out of the way...I like beer! So being able to make something that would enhance that experience seemed like a great idea.

Anyway this all got started from a posting on the Woodworking mag website about a competition to make a bottle opener.

This seemed like something within my ability, so off I went...to make a beer bottle opener.

My first one worked...but the screws kinda took a little away from it.

But this turned out to be the prefect thing to do in the shop, when you didn't have anything else to do, but you want to stay in the shop.

There was not a scrap or cut off that didn't get tried. I even tried leftover ski ends from the Ski Adirondack chairs that had been the go to project, but they look a little too techie. Some looked good enough that Marlys even wanted one for her shop, e.g. kitchen.

Last week, I finished up my latest version, sans screws and with a magnet to grab the cap.

BTW there are so many because, I donate them to our local search and rescue team to sell at fundraisers. They also make the perfect "guys gift", so having a few in stock is advised. Some guys even want to be gifted one for no reason at all...go figure.

Pat

Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 09-04-2011 at 6:01 PM. Reason: unlinked link which violated TOSs.

Nicely done. Nicely, nicely.

I guess that without any information to the contrary, I woulda thunk it is the targets of the SAR that are into the beer too much, rather than the SAR teams themselves.............
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.