Thread: Delta canister filter deal

Delta canister filter deal

Found this in all places a web site selling lawn mower equipment. They deal in over stock mower parts and the like.
    A Delta canister filter part number 50-750. Fits Delta 50-850 dust collector. Amazon lists it for $243.09. This place has it for $109.95. I know nothing about this filter but thought I would pass it along so someone needing such item could check it out.

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/...amp+and+gasket

Dave,
    Thanks for the link. I just ordered one. It said there are 2 instock so I hope I get the deal! I've been wanting to upgrade to one of these for a while.
    John
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

I'm looking to upgrade and this is a good deal. The only catch is that Penn State Ind just advertised a new 40" tall unit vs. the typical 25" unit. It's advertised as 1 micron but I'm not sure if that really has any credibility. It's expensive at about $250 shipped versus $125 from Small Engine Warehouse. I'm trying to get some info on it, but they are not responsive. Oh well.

Also, JDS is offering a canister (25" tall) for around $140 shipped via Amazon.

-Jeff

Will the JDS canister fit the Delta 50-850?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris de la Pena
    Will the JDS canister fit the Delta 50-850?
    Measure the outside diameter of the ring where it would contact the canister. If it is 19 3/4" or less, it can be fitted with the JDS Company 16002 1 Micron Canister Kit for the Dust-Force.

Amazon had the JDS canister for $138 delivered last week, but only for a few days. It is now $180.

In terms of quality, the JDS is excellent. It is solidly built. The kit also comes with a support bracket (which fits my Grizzly G1029 perfectly), a high quality band clamp for the canister, and a thick plastic bag - no band clamp for the plastic bag, however.

I just found that the ring on the Delta 50-850 has an inside diameter of 19 1/4" and an outside diameter of 19 3/4". The JDS canister will fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Makiel
    I'm looking to upgrade and this is a good deal. The only catch is that Penn State Ind just advertised a new 40" tall unit vs. the typical 25" unit. It's advertised as 1 micron but I'm not sure if that really has any credibility. It's expensive at about $250 shipped versus $125 from Small Engine Warehouse. I'm trying to get some info on it, but they are not responsive. Oh well.

Also, JDS is offering a canister (25" tall) for around $140 shipped via Amazon.

-Jeff
    I just called and he told me it looks like mine shipped today (1/25/07) .
    It seems they would rather deal over the phone with questions so you might try calling.
    Here are the numbers.
    (800) 321-6725 Toll Free
    (765) 768-6725 Direct
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.