Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SEC Football

I'm a DAWG fan. Win or lose I will still be a fan. Go you harry DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kick some butt.

I didn't realise that the Securities & Exchange Commission was involved in sports.
    Last edited by Caspar Hauser; 09-08-2011 at 9:12 PM.

Ok, so if the SEC isn't the SEC, what is the SEC?

Southeastern Conference!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

That's a relief!

Though when you think about it would have explained a few things.
    Last edited by Caspar Hauser; 09-10-2011 at 6:27 AM.

Blog Entries
    I really dont know anything about why or why not a university would want to join the SEC. If you guys can educate me on this I would appreciate it.

Texas A and M seems to want to join the SEC once their legal issues are cleared up. I'm sure they would make a good addtion to the group and the SEC seems to be welcoming them.

What I'm seeing on TV is the SEC wants or needs another university to go along with Texas A and M and bring them in as a pair. All kinds of good schools out there that would be great to have. Florida State would be great. Clemson also. Maybe another school from Texas. Georgia Tech was a founding member of the SEC and left the conference in 1964. Maybe they would want to come back.

PHM
    Last edited by Paul McGaha; 09-10-2011 at 5:41 PM.

quite simply, money.

the SEC has exclusive games on CBS and a good majority of the ESPN games as well. an average SEC team will get 3 or 4 nationally televised games per year. an average big 12 team will get one or two, if they have a long standing rivalry that people pay attention to.

dollars, dollars, dollars, recruits, recruits, recruits, TV market, TV market, TV market, dollars, dollars, dollars, recruits, recruits, recruits, TV market, TV market, TV market,dollars, dollars, dollars, recruits, recruits, recruits, TV market, TV market, TV market................ad nauseum
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

That's right. Those SEC football players are expensive!!

The Thursday night game at Mississippi State could be a good indicator whether LSU is the cream of the SEC. The Tigers' defense will be the key to their season. DB Tyrann Mathieu is one of the best in college football this year.
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

aTm(that's the Texas A&M helmet logo) has been accepted by SEC. I have heard that Missouri may also be going to the SEC with Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech going to the Pac-12. KSU, KU ISU, and Baylor will probably end up with Conference USA or Big East. This is all just rumors and Texas could decide to be an independent. It would probably help with recruiting in Texas for Arkansas, Mississippi State and Ole Miss.

Blog Entries
    It will be a test for them. Their 1st SEC game this year. I'm more worried about the qb play. I think the defense is going to be ok. Looked ok againgst Oregon.

Surprised how good Alabama looked against Penn State. They looked about like last years Alabama team to me.

PHM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Heikes View Post
    The Thursday night game at Mississippi State could be a good indicator whether LSU is the cream of the SEC. The Tigers' defense will be the key to their season. DB Tyrann Mathieu is one of the best in college football this year.

Unfortunately, Alabama and LSU look like powerhouses again this year. The Vols play both. I'll be surprised if bama doesn't win another title, but it's a long season and things can happen.

we will see how good saban is in week 4 against the hogs.

LSU we have seen already. their defense is better than it was a year ago, by a lot.

Well, Paul . . . interesting how things turn out. Dawgs #1 in the SEC East and lookin' down the barrel at the LSU game. I thought Georgia Southern played really well against the Tide yesterday. I was real proud of those boys!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra