Thread: Colorado Cryptex Box - My Beast entry

Colorado Cryptex Box - My Beast entry

This was a Beast in every sence of the word, trying to get the alignment correct for each wheel, with each brass pin was a trial in patience to say the least. My Beast contains 33 indivdualy turned parts including the brass locking pins and walnut lugs. The lid of the interior chamber is held in place by 8 mini-mite magnets, 4 in the lid, and 4 in the lip of the chamber itself faced opposing to each other so they would attract....it was a very long build! "9 1/2 x "3 1/4 Cherry, Walnut and Curly Maple with African blackwood highlights, 4 coats of WOP and Beall buffed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Now that is cool. Does sound like it was a beast to make. Nice job! Thanks for sharing it.

Paul

Tim,
    Very nice job on your cryptex. We had a club member do a demo on making one some time back...but I think I'd have to see again to get it right. Yours looks well made. Can I guess the unlock code " B-E-A-S-T-Y" ??
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

Really cool piece Tim. Nicely done.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Nice work on your "beast", Tim.

very nice, you have my permission to slug first tourist that offers you $20

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Rinehart View Post
    Tim,
    Very nice job on your cryptex. We had a club member do a demo on making one some time back...but I think I'd have to see again to get it right. Yours looks well made. Can I guess the unlock code " B-E-A-S-T-Y" ??
    LOL...ya know I didnt even think about that code! Actauly it is ROCKYS...short for Rocky Mtns....thanks for the comments everyone...
    Critiques on works posted are always welcome

What is worthy of being locked inside this beautiful piece?

Excellent work

Eric

Tim, you certainly are going some first class work! Excellent job on this - great tool work, and nice wood combo, too.

Super cool Tim!!! I'm enjoying the direction that you are taking your work.
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

That's cool Tim. I printed off the instructions to make one of these but haven't attempted one yet. Great job.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------