Thread: Highboy

Highboy

I usually hang out in the turners forum but occasionally do other types of woodworking. This highboy has been "in progress" in my shop way too long. Now it is waiting for the finish to cure before being moved into the house. I will replace the knobs on the two central drawers with something that matches better. The carcass and drawers have hand cut dovetails. There are plenty of mistakes but my wife likes it and I am happy to get it out of the shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"There are plenty of mistakes but my wife likes it and I am happy to get it out of the shop."

I for one would be very proud to have that piece as part of my shop....
    Sweet piece Dennis. Very well done.

Blog Entries
    What is the wood you used?

It looks good.

Dennis, the only mistake that I notice is that you only made one piece. Where's mine? Why does every one forget poor me.

Dennis,

Your Highboy is beautiful. If you don't tell anyone there is mistakes, no one will know. I know your wife will be proud. What type of finish did you use?

Sam

Great work Dennis! I thought I was going to be attempting such things when I retired but seem to have been pulled in another woodworking direction for now.

That's pretty nice work for a spinny guy, especially a Texan!

That's a wonderful accomplishment and I'm sure it will look great in your home. If there are mistakes, you did a good job of covering them up.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Wish my mistakes looked that good. As a point of reference, what is a long overdue project? I've got a project that is starting to look like a permanent shop fixture.

Nice job!! One of these is on my future list for sure but in the meantime MORE PICS!!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Blog Entries
    I must be crazy...... I cannot understand why a person that can build that kind of furniture is spinning wood.

Beautiful piece of furniture.......
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution