Thread: Jewelry Laser Engraving Questions

Jewelry Laser Engraving Questions

I am new to the forum. I recently purchased a Laserstar 10W Fiber Laser for doing primarily inside and outside engraving of silver and gold rings.

I am looking to purchase another machine to backup the Laserstar and I am thinking of a chinese laser. Does anyone have any experience with jewelry engraving using chinese lasers and can you recommend any manufacturers?

Not many other people on here do jewelry. Only a few here have those types of lasers. Most are the sealed CO2 lasers. Here's one I did today, but it's a lot more powerful than 10 watts. I don't know about the Chinese lasers.
    Picture 1707.jpg
    ULS 135 watt w/rotary, Mazak QT-6T CNC lathe, Dapra machining center, Sherline CNC, Tormach CNC, Acad, Rofin welding laser, YAG laser w/ rotary, 4500 watt Fiber laser
    Boone Titanium Rings

Bruce, that's fantastic as usual!

nice work!! how long did that take to do ???
    L Squared Lasers UK
    2 x Halo Lasers 20 watt fiber
    1 x Halo CO2 Galvo System
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2
    1 x Electrox Scorpion 40 watt Fibre
    1 x Epilog EXT36 75 watt.

Thanks guys. That takes about a half hour on the laser. It takes lots of passes for the deep stuff. I just cut some meteorite plate with it today. Going all the way through 1.5mm plate takes lots of passes and lots of power, but I got a clean cut.
    ULS 135 watt w/rotary, Mazak QT-6T CNC lathe, Dapra machining center, Sherline CNC, Tormach CNC, Acad, Rofin welding laser, YAG laser w/ rotary, 4500 watt Fiber laser
    Boone Titanium Rings

Bruce, kudos on that ring! I'm a retired clockmaker so it caught my eye immediately. Love it!
    "It always looks darkest just before it goes completely black."

Epilog Helix 50 Watt, Corel X6, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sherline Lathe, Wacom Bamboo tablet and plenty of chocolate.

Really very nice stuff to see

Regards,
    saravana kumar
    Epilog Legend 24 EX - 75W with Rotary
    Fiber laser Marker 20w ( IPG)
    Flat bed heat press, Mug printing, Epson 230 x 2
    Flame Polishing machine, Acrylic Bender, Nicejet Flatbed printer A3+, Electrochemical etcher.
    "If you think you can or you cannot - you're right" HENRY FORD

Beautiful Job, I want one!