Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks

Thanks

Howdy everyone, I just wanted to thank everyone here for all of the help and encouragement they have given me this past year while trying to learn about turning, due to an unforseen set of circumstances I am having to pack up and sell my house here in colorado, been in this house for 23 years, I wish I could take my mini lathe and tools with me but will most luckly stay at an RV park while down there in AZ and wont have room for anything like tools. The plan is to winter around Apache Jct AZ, and while there decide where I want to end up from now on. I know this isnt turning related per-se so if this needs moved I understand, but I only visit this part of the forum and dont know anyone else in the other sections. I will check in and post as often as I can...but turning is done until I get settled somewhere next spring-summer, thanks to all! Tim
    Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Tim, this is terrible news. Very sorry to hear all of this. Stay in touch and get back to turning as soon as possible. Dick
    I turn, therefore I am

Thats too bad Tim. You should, at least, look up a local turning club in AZ and though them you may be able to keep up the skill set (or improve) while your in relocation mode.

Keep in touch.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Tim, hope you can work things out

Hope peace finds you Tim...lot of turning folks in Az...look a few of them up. We're nothing if not helpful!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Tim, even though you don't post your turnings, we enjoy your participation. So......we grant you a pass on "production" (you were at it pretty heavy this past week anyway!!), but we won't give you a pass for staying in touch!

We hope the best for you! Hang in there!

Stay in touch Tim! Good luck!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Tim,
    Sorry to hear the news. I have a daughter in Phonex, AZ so I might get out there in the near future. Definately keep in touch with all of us.
    "Count your age by friends, Count your life by smiles."

Good luck with your move Tim. We will be looking forward to seeing your turnings in the spring!

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Smith View Post
    Good luck with your move Tim. We will be looking forward to seeing your turnings in the spring!
    Thanks all, I just might end up back in Maine for good next summer Baxter, if so maybe we can get together next time your up that way!
    Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Tim
    Sorry to hear your in that moving mode.Just make sure you stay in touch we can always use your words of wisdom.

Sorry to hear that Tim. Please stay in touch and as was said look up some turning clubs while down there.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

That's a heck of a disruption right there! Good luck in the move! BTW, there's a Woodcraft in Tucson and Chandler, AZ...maybe one of them will be close by. I'm betting you'll be able to hook up with a turning club or someone. Best wishes and look forward to your getting back going!

Tim,
    I'm not sure why all this is occurring and I'm not asking. I just hope the only down side of your move is the temporary loss of your lathe. I hope all is well with the important things. If not, God's speed in getting them back to normal.
    Faust

Give me a holler Tim whenever you get a hankering for turning... I'm in south Chandler so not too far from AJ. Summers are terrible but the winters are wonderful. Good luck with your move. JP