Thread: dust collection hose & automatic switches

dust collection hose & automatic switches

Im in the process of setting up my dust collection. Shop is built and lighting is in, now its time to play with pipe. I have some crazy ideas about a home made cyclone and garbage can set up which ill post pictures of when im done. Anyway....im looking for a reasonable price on 5" and 6" flex hose along with clamps and possibly blast gates if price is right. Anyone know of anything on line?
    I also looked into turning the DC on automatically but the systems i looked at are going to run about $500 or more for 6-7 machines. Any ideas?
    I know this is a lot to ask but I have a lot to do.....lol

Thanks
    Anthony

Wynn Enviromental and McMaster Carr both sell good quality flex hose. Wynn also has any filters you might need for your DC system.There are LOTS of threads about different auto setups with homemade gates, I suggest you do a little searching.

Blog Entries
    Here's one of the ones Ken mentions: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ic-Blast-Gates
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

+1 on Wynn.. I've bought hose from them in the past and they understand the "little guy". For example, in one order I purchased some 4" hose, 6" hose and some clamps. When I told them I was from Alaska and freight is high they packed the 4" hose and clamps inside the compressed 6" hose to hold down my shipping.

Jim
    One can never have too many planes and chisels... or so I'm learning!!

Ok thanks guys I checked out the wynn site and sent an order in.
    Thanks again
    Anthony