Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ohio Vally Symposium Questions

Ohio Vally Symposium Questions

First off, are there any Creekers going? Second, does the turner provide signage for their work in the Instant Gallery? And thirdly, is there a limit, like 2-3 pieces that you can display. For those that have been before inquiring minds want to know.

LESS THAN 3 WEEKS!!!!!!
    I turn, therefore I am

Emerald Wings.jpgGee Dick, you ask too many specific questions that I can't remember answers for, but I recall that we usually limit ourselves to 3 gallery pieces. I also think they have labels, but you might have a short bio available for reference. You will have the opportunity to see me demo how to turn square "objects," as I don't believe they always meet the definition of "bowls," however they may be defined? I know John K. will be attending because he's riding up with me in "Snoopy."
    Last edited by Jamie Donaldson; 09-11-2011 at 4:36 PM.

I'll be attending the symposium... my first in Ohio.
    Lathes: Nova DVR XP, Delta 46-460, Jet 1014vsi; Bader III 2"x72" belt grinder; Triton 2.25 router; CMT Industrio table; Jointech fence; SC planer; Dewalt miter; Delta 14" bandsaw; Festool TS55, MFT/3, CT22, ETS150/3, OF1400, PSB300EQ, CXS; Hegner Scrollsaw; JJ-6CS jointer; Grizzly 1023s cabinetsaw, Jet 17" drill press; Rigid OSS; 9" SandFlee; 3M AirStream & Breathe Easy PAPRs

Hi Jamie, I didn't plan on taking a bunch of stuff but if it is limited to say 3 pieces, I want to select the best. I just printed out the rotation schedule. At first glance it is obvious that I can't attend everyone. I will circle your demo for viewing.
    I turn, therefore I am

From the symposium's home page

Instant Gallery:
    Each attendee is encouraged to bring up to 3 pieces for the Instant Gallery.
    Pieces can be marked for sale or only for show.
    Lathes: Nova DVR XP, Delta 46-460, Jet 1014vsi; Bader III 2"x72" belt grinder; Triton 2.25 router; CMT Industrio table; Jointech fence; SC planer; Dewalt miter; Delta 14" bandsaw; Festool TS55, MFT/3, CT22, ETS150/3, OF1400, PSB300EQ, CXS; Hegner Scrollsaw; JJ-6CS jointer; Grizzly 1023s cabinetsaw, Jet 17" drill press; Rigid OSS; 9" SandFlee; 3M AirStream & Breathe Easy PAPRs

I'll see you there Dick, my 6 I believe. I can afford to go to this one I live just outside Akron .Bring a good appetite always had excellent food.

See ya there Harry and Alan. Really looking forward to meeting all the Creekers that show up.
    I turn, therefore I am

I will be there as a vendor.

I will be there as a guest demonstrator, and a gawker the rest of the day Friday and Saturday.

I will be there.

Bob

I will be there as a Vendor. Be sure to stop by the booth.

Vince
    VincesWoodNWonders

Sadly, I won't be attending this year. The one piece of advise I would tender is to bring something really soft to put on the chairs. All that sitting on a hard surface almost wrecked this old mans constitution.

Other than that I had a great time.

Regards, Steve

I'll be there with some new stuff, been working day and night to bring out something new for that show... it will be the talk of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Thompson View Post
    I'll be there with some new stuff, been working day and night to bring out something new for that show... it will be the talk of the show.
    Now is that a tease or what????? Look forward to seeing it Doug
    I turn, therefore I am

Bags are packed, heading to the airport in the morning. See you all soon!