Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Turning corner, and tool rack

Thanks all for the fine comments. As to getting this space a bit dirty ... I've done that more than a few times. The good part is that with the space I left behind the lathe and with all of the tools safely behind doors it's an easy job to clean up after a turning session. I also have it so that the space around the lathe can be closed in with curtains.

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

"A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind"....so is a well organized turning corner. That's beautiful! You wll certainly enjoy it as it's well organized.

Joe
    "When the horse is dead, GET OFF."

Logged into SMC, but unable to access any of the images of this highly-praised setup. How to view?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Dalton View Post
    Logged into SMC, but unable to access any of the images of this highly-praised setup. How to view?
    Become a Contributor. Been a while for me but I think it is ~$6.00 a year minimum.

I also have a 20" General and the one thing I regret is not having more space behind it. I was restricted by the room size the lathe is in and was aware of the spacing and it is at times a PITA but the times fortunately are not too many. I just stick my little plastic scoop shovel under the lathe to gather the shavings.
    Not related to spacing but a general comment: I have stopped trying to do a 100% cleanup and firmly believe in the 80-20 law - you can get 80% with 20% of the work and vice-versa.

John, your arsenal of turning tools is amazing, something to be proud of.