Thread: Rockler F clamp rack with Jorgensens

Question Rockler F clamp rack with Jorgensens

Hi all,

I've searched and can't find any reference to this anywhere, so forgive me if I've missed the obvious thread.

I'm thinking of picking up a couple of the Rockler clamp rack combo sets that are currently on sale, but one of the reviews for the F-clamp rack says the slots are too narrow for Jorgensens (I assume..."the orange ones"). I've looked for a second opinion, but haven't found anything. Since I have a lot of Jorgensens, can anyone confirm or deny this? Is it possible that it was the early release version that had this problem?

Thanks,

daniel
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without hydrogen or oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

w
    Which size Jorgensens ? The Orange 3700 series fit just fine. The ones that I have trouble fitting are the Rockler version. They don't fit as well.
    Hope this helps. I have been very happy with mine. I just bought a pipe one but haven't hung it up yet.
    Dan

Blog Entries
    The f-style rack holds the 3700 series fine. Someone was probably referring to the cabinet master parallel Jorgies. These have a 3/8" thick bar, the Rockler and Jorgie f-style are 1/4".
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Thanks, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Rude View Post
    w
    Which size Jorgensens ? The Orange 3700 series fit just fine. The ones that I have trouble fitting are the Rockler version. They don't fit as well.
    Hope this helps. I have been very happy with mine. I just bought a pipe one but haven't hung it up yet.
    Dan
    Good question. I have 3700 series LD and HD. I'll probably go ahead and get the combo set, since I have bar, parallel, and F clamps to hang. No pipe clamps, surprisingly...I got a really good deal on the parallel clamps and haven't needed more.

Thanks again, I'll report back once I receive them.

Regards,

daniel
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without hydrogen or oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

Take a look at the Wood Pecker version of the Rockler clamp rack. I looked all over the Rockler rack pictures and doc, and could not find the number of clamp holding slots. The Wood Pecker has 23 slots and it has under support. The Rockler appears to be an 'L' with no under support. The Wood Pecker rack is $19.99 I have 3 of the Wood Pecker racks in service. One rack is loaded with 40" and up clamps. These racks are built like the old brick out house.
    Best Regards, Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Garlock View Post
    Take a look at the Wood Pecker version of the Rockler clamp rack. I looked all over the Rockler rack pictures and doc, and could not find the number of clamp holding slots. The Wood Pecker has 23 slots and it has under support. The Rockler appears to be an 'L' with no under support. The Wood Pecker rack is $19.99 I have 3 of the Wood Pecker racks in service. One rack is loaded with 40" and up clamps. These racks are built like the old brick out house.
    Ken, thanks for the info. I recall now seeing the Woodpeckers rack, but couldn't remember at the time I placed an order so...not an option. That said, the Rockler is 15 clamps wide (vs. 23) and for all intents and purposes came as a 'freebie' with the parallel clamp and bar/pipe clamp racks I bought (they have a special going on the combo, 1 of each for ~$30, each is ~$15 individually). I needed two of the other racks, so I bought two sets, so I should get 30 slots for F clamps. If those racks don't work out, I'll either sand/grind the slots a little wider or pass them along and pick up a Woodpecker rack. Thanks again.

daniel

Official results! I finally remembered to come back and report, as promised.

The Rockler F-clamp rack has 0.300" slots that fit the orange 3700 light duty clamps just fine. The heavy duty clamps apparently have 5/16 bars, so they don't fit. A friend was kind enough to use an end mill to widen the slots to 0.320", which is perfect for the heavy duty clamps.

So there you have it.

daniel