Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beauty and the beast winners!!!

Those are some spectacular pieces. All of the B&B pieces were amazing. They were all so far out of the box I still have not been able to wrap my novice turning mind around how they were done. Amazing work guys......all of you that participated
    Thanks,
    Chris
    C&C Always Welcome
    Hello, my name is Chris, and I am a turnaholic..............
    Hiiii Chris

Congrats to everyone.

Alan

Congrats to both of you!!! You both did an awesome job on these works of art, well done, and well deserved!!
    Critiques on works posted are always welcome

David, I just need to tell you how deeply impressed I am with your artwork. You have taken a beautiful direction and developed it awesomely. Thank you for your contribution to the art of turning, and congratulations.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Congrats to you both! Awesome work all around!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Though I surely congratulate both winners, the runners up and all who proudly entered their work, the real winners are those of us who looked forward to seeing each new entry as they were turned in. There is a lot of talent in the wood turning community and we got to be the recipients of a real gallery show. Thanks to all including John Hart and WTA for holding the contest and all the sponsers who donated prizes. Aren't we fortunate to be a part of all this?
    faust

Congrats gentlemen. Wonderful pieces and well deserved honors.
    Tony

"Soldier On"

I don't get over to WTA often, but did take a few moments to view the top ten that were posted. We have some talented folks!! Great to see SMC represented so well in the contest, and while there were many fantastic works submitted, these two deserve the recognition. Both are wonderfully done. CONGRATS, guys!!

WTG guys! Stiff competition indeed.

Congrats David and Tim. Outstanding pieces.
    I was sad because I had no shoes,
    Then I saw a man who had no feet
    ================================
    If you do today what no one else will,
    You'll do tomorrow what no one else can

Congrats fellas! Lovely work deserving of the recognition!

When I entered this competition, I had no expectations. In fact I had told my wife that I really needed a chainsaw and that there was a turning competition in which a chainsaw was one of the prizes. The only catch was that you had to not make the cut to win it. A true dilemma!

When my entry made the top ten, I felt very satisfied, even though I knew it precluded me from a shot at the chainsaw. When the results of the second round of voting was announced, I was more than pleased to have made it into the top five. And when, a few days later I saw that I had made the final cut, I was ecstatic. Last night when I saw that my entry had been chosen for first place, I could not believe my eyes! I had this funny feeling that I should wait till morning and see if it was still there!

John Hart generated a lot of excitement with this competition. It was a brilliant concept and it really caught the imagination of some phenomenal artists. I am honored to have been a part of this, most grateful for the validation of my work that it represents and still in disbelief that my contribution would be recognized in this manner. So, thank you, John (and everyone else who worked to make this happen) for providing the opportunity, thanx to all who voted for my work and thanx to the final judges for selecting it from a field of top notch work from top notch artists. What a ride...
    David DeCristoforo