Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A day at the Artisan Center...

Congrats!!!

Great job John. Congratulations on the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Thanks, guys - it was a neat day. Lot of great artists there, and it was humbling to be among them. I don't feel that I have quite "paid my dues" yet.

The Artisan Center is a great asset to KY, and if you get the chance to stop by, it would be worth the effort.
    John, my wife and I drove up that way a month or so ago, and we did stop in the Artisan Center. Admittedly, I kept looking to see if some of your items had made their way yet, I guess I was a bit early. It was great seeing the display of Rude's as well as other locals like Jamie D and Chris R with items there. If I've left anyone else out...apologies.

Very well stocked and displayed items there. I would also recommend anyone going along I-75 to stop there, it's worth an hour (minimum) stop to browse all the work.

The other similar venue if you happen to be traveling near Asheville, NC along Blue Ridge is the Folk Art Center. I'll have to pay my dues and see what I can do someday to get some of my work there!

Congrats on success with sales and just the honor of being asked to be included in the Artisan Center!
    Last edited by Tim Rinehart; 09-19-2011 at 4:40 PM.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

Hey John, Congrats on being accepted into this event and on the sales!!!!!! Thanks for posting the pics. Now I know what Jamie looks like......he won't be able to sneak up on me in Ohio Very impressive trailer. If it is headed for Michigan I presume I should keep an eye out the window
    I turn, therefore I am

Congrats on your inclusion and the sales from that, John. It's no surprize that your pieces wouls sell fast.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

That trailer load of burls was going from Chris Ramsey in KY to his twin bro David in MI, and we missed a good chance for a highjacking in the parking lot, but I wasn't driving my truck! Chris and David were both at the event, and that was the first time I had seen them side by side, and they really are twins, and both verrrrrrrrrry talented turners.

Stopped by the Artisan Center today it was an impressive display. Nice to see some of your work.

Congratulations John. I really wish I could have been there. It's good to sell your work "hot off the press" so to speak. That had to make you feel really good.
    "Count your age by friends, Count your life by smiles."

Glad some of you all have been able to visit the Center! J.D., the two pieces I have there now were never intended for exhibition or sale, but they happen to be the only recent bowls I have remaining in my possession other than the Ambrosia maple burl bowl with all the voids. For some reason, the Center did not feel it "fit" in a bowl exhibit! I guess the old adage about not holding soup has some merit!! When I submitted pics for inclusion in the exhibit, I failed to consider that it was going to last several months. My "inventory" of bowls is nearly non-existent.

Ed, wish you could have been there, too! Hope you are feeling better.