Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st tea pot

Quote Originally Posted by robert raess View Post
    How are the handle and spout fastened,and does the pot have a hole to to receive the hollow spout..just curious. very nice work. i am scheduled to do my first in the next ten days. Rob
    Robert the handle and spout are put on using 2 part exposy. I did hollow out the spout, but didn't put a hole in the pot, as i figured the exposy would seep in to it and mess with the inside.might change that on the next one. Thanks again all for the support ya give.

Raised in the US (elementary in Lawrence, graduated in Boulder). Now in Israel.
    Wouldnt waste time on drilling holes unless you cover the whole inside (including spout) with epoxy. Still, I would start a hole on both sides (end of spout and internal entrance to spout) just to complete the convincing shape. You can even suffice with the drawing of a black patch inside to fool the quick glance.
    Well made pot !!!

Nicely done Steve, how did you contour the spout and handle to match up with the outside of the pot? Making one is on my to do list.

Really nice work. That one would pass, well, for a 15th teapot... let alone a first one!!
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Jay MacDougall View Post
    Nicely done Steve, how did you contour the spout and handle to match up with the outside of the pot? Making one is on my to do list.
    Jay to get the contour i used a oscillating sander, dremal with a sanding drum, and hand sanding. As i've been a carpenter for over 30 years, i find it fairly easy to match two pieces of wood together. Just a matter of taking off a little at a time till you like it. hope that helpedd.
    Thanks again all.

That is beautiful Steve...it would get anyone in good graces with the mrs!

There are starting to be more of these tea pots showing up on the threads and they are fascinating.

Are there any "how to" threads or articles out there to help someone get started if they would like to try one (I would!)?
    Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.
    1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Steve that's awesome! I'm liking the teapots. That's a brilliant first!
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein