Thread: Sawstop over-arm dust collection question

Sawstop over-arm dust collection question

I am interested in the over-arm unit from SS but I have the Incra TS-LS fence system, has anybody attached these units together? How difficult is it to adapt as the SS unit is designed to attach to the SS fence system.

Thanks for the help

I don't have the Incra, but do have the Sawstop over-arm dust collection.

Here is a link to the install instructions. It shows how it connects to the various Sawstop fences. Hopefully this will show you if it will work with your setup or what you might need to modify or fabricate to get it to work.

http://www.sawstop.com/documents/Over-Arm%20Dust%20Collection%20Installation%20Guide%20V 1.0%20%203-23-10.pdf

Cheers,

Tim

Tim,

What material are the tubes? I need to build something similar to this for my Shark Guard...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Hanby View Post
    Tim,

What material are the tubes? I need to build something similar to this for my Shark Guard...
    I have the overarm dust collection tube on my PCS. It is basically a couple interlocking hollow steel tubes with a flexible hose connector on each end. They supply a "splitter" for the 4" dust port on the bottom to split off for the small overarm flex-hose. On the top end there is another length of flex-hose that connects to the dust collection port on the sawblade basket.

If you can rig an adapter from the SawStop flex-hose to whatever your Shark Guard or Incra fence use you should be ok.

I'm going to build the overarm collection tube assembly myself. My original plan was to try PVC, but maybe I need to bite the bullet and use metal pipe. My main points is I wanted nothing hanging from the ceiling and nothing blocking material moving across the saw's top.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Dopp View Post
    I have the overarm dust collection tube on my PCS. It is basically a couple interlocking hollow steel tubes with a flexible hose connector on each end. They supply a "splitter" for the 4" dust port on the bottom to split off for the small overarm flex-hose. On the top end there is another length of flex-hose that connects to the dust collection port on the sawblade basket.

If you can rig an adapter from the SawStop flex-hose to whatever your Shark Guard or Incra fence use you should be ok.

I maybe over thinking this. I bet I could get by with a tall pole to one side of the saw supporting a flexible 4" hose...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Hanby View Post
    I'm going to build the overarm collection tube assembly myself. My original plan was to try PVC, but maybe I need to bite the bullet and use metal pipe. My main points is I wanted nothing hanging from the ceiling and nothing blocking material moving across the saw's top.

I have both. I cut out a small tab of 1/4 inch steel about 3 inches long and fit that into the clamp on the overarm guard that usually clamps the back rail. I drilled a hole in the end of the tab and attached it to the bottom of the rail with a 3/8" bolt and one of the special nuts that fit the bottom track.

Make sense?