Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP! Shipping company wont deliver cnc!

This was how I got my CAMaster Cobra X3 into my workshop the crate was 7' x 7' x 12'

Mick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

John did get his machine on wendsday. The broker we use got It worked out at no additional cost to us our John. Paul was working on this so I do not have the details yet of how it got to John. I'm sure he will let us all know.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

I had a similar issue when I got my Stinger II - and it wasn't CAMaster's issue - it was the shipping company's. The size and weight were clearly printed on the shipping manifest as well as the fact that lift gate and residential delivery service was paid for. They called me the day it was supposed to be delivered and asked me if I could figure out a way that THEY could get it off their truck and to my house. At one point they asked if I could get it from a commercial location a couple blocks away!! Finally, after some persuasion, I convinced them that this was THEIR issue to figure out, I would help accommodate them however I could - but THEY needed to figure out how to get it here. They finally got with a local welding shop that would let them use their big forklift to get it off of their box truck - and everyone was happy. (Of course, I live in a town of about 11,000 people - and it's in a red state - so it's not hard to get people to work together)

Anyway - kudos to CAMaster for going the extra mile to take care of their people - even when the shipping company screws up. Not only are their machines built like small tanks (Phoebe is a beast and I love it) - but so is their dedication to their customers. I've been lucky and haven't had to call on their support too much since Phoebe came home, but it's nice to know they're there.

The machine was dropped off Wednesday! It was brought over in a flatbed tipper truck and was lowered right into the big bay door of my shop no problem. I have pics I'll post later (left the camera at the shop). The whole operation didn't even take 20 minutes. I'm so happy it's finally here, it was a grueling week knowing it was 100 miles away and not knowing when it would be delivered. Unfortunately in my situation the shipping company wouldn't even talk to me since I wasn't the one that hired them. I only had 2 choices, to have a loading dock and forklift, or come pick it up 100 miles away through 2 major cities. They refused to try any other method of delivery even though it was their company that accepted the order and decided they weren't going to carry it out.
    Thank you Camaster for getting her to me in one piece, and thank you SAWMILLCREEK forum friends for all of your great advice and moral support.
    I'll get some pics for you all shortly. Thanks again everyone!
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 09-30-2011 at 5:37 PM.

Great read!
    Kudos to James McGrew and Joey Jarrod. What could have turned into road kill was skillfully managed into little more than a close call and opportunity.
    Gary's "Red State" comment was like a bolt of lightening and booming thunder rolling down the valley. Dittos!
    I think it is incumbent upon the purchaser to have "Plan B" when Plan A fails.
    Clear, concise, specific communication avoids most of the grief but we all know "what" happens.
    Blows me away. Most of the steam engines built for the west cost around the turn of the century were manufactured on the east coast and shipped by sailing vessel, steam ship or rail.
    Moving heavy stuff without grief is an art in itself.

I realize the shipping dilemma is now resolved. But I did want to mention that Home Depots around the country have rental centers. One of the items they rent is a trailer that cranks down to ground level, then up about a foot after loading. People rent them to move heavy equipment. Take the trailer to the shipping center, have them load it and then just take it home, lower it and slide it off . . . Most rental centers offer these trailers. Also the guys up north use a trailer similar to move ice fishing sheds . . .
    Support the "CREEK" . . .