Thread: "Sorbeeyoutiful!"

"Sorbeeyoutiful!"

That's a lame thread name, I know.

Well, after moving from one region of the country to another and taking a professorship at a uiversity here in Minnesota, our salaries took a significant hit. Junior faculty don't make nearly what tenured professors do. At any rate, I've been under a "tool-buying" moratorium of late. No big purchases to speak of.

However, after my terrific experience at Bills Grumbine's over Christmas, my lovely wife surprised me on my birthday with a brand-new Sorby 3/8" bowl gouge! Our digital camera is on the fritz, so the link to the page on Rockler is:

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...4&filter=sorby

Haven't had the chance to make any shavings with it yet. Hopefully this weekend will offer some moments to sneak out the shop!

Have a nice weekend,
    Russell
    Russell Svenningsen
    Marshall, Minnesota

Congrats on the new gouge! Now get out there and make some thing Beautiful with it!

I thought the same thing Jeff, but I was hoping for something "Svennsational"!

Well-played you two! I so appreciate fellas with a similar sense-of-humor!

I can tell you right now my wife will roll her eyes mightily when I tell her, "I'm not the only one..........".

I'll see if I can "Rustle" up something purty with the gouge this weekend!

Best,
    Ruscle
    Russell Svenningsen
    Marshall, Minnesota

Congrats on the gouge Russell. I have one and like it a lot. It is just enough smaller than the 1/2" that the difference in the diameter of the shaft yields a different cut, even though the grind is eccentially the same on both.

It's time to make some shaving with that new gouge.

keith
    Don't burn the wood, turn the wood.