Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bad news

bad news

he was the man who helped to make me who i am. he gave me that common sense and sense of pride in your work that most kids i know dont have. he changed my life. with out him i would never have even been able to get a lathe and get farther into woodworking. my mom just gave me the call, my stepfather Richard Hendrie, just died, he lost his multi year battle with cancer........ not much more i can type right now...
    14x48 custom 2hp 9gear lathe
    9 inch pre 1940 craftsman lathe
    36 inch 1914 Sydney bandsaw (BEAST)
    Wood in every shelf and nook and cranny,,, seriously too much wood!

Our condolences on your loss, Curtis.

Sorry to hear of your loss, Curtis. My condolences.
    Gene
    Life is too short for cheap tools
    GH

Celebrate his life Curt. Every time you turn on that lathe, remember him and smile. I am very sorry for your loss.

Blog Entries
    Feel for you guys Curtis. Very sorry for you loss.

A prayer has been sent.

Sorry for you loss. You'll be in my prayers. Folks like you are lucky to have had such people in their lives. I had such people in my life and I miss them a lot.

So sorry to hear this Curtis. Sounds like he was a really good man. May the shamrocks fall softly...... Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Curtis, I don't think I've ever replied to one of your posts directly, but I can tell you I have really enjoyed reading your posts because for someone your age, you have repeatedly shown class, dignity, and character far beyond your years. You have had many bad days in the last few years, and you handled each one so well. I've always thought to myself "There's a young man someone did a darn good job raising".

I think one of the best gifts you ever gave your Step Dad was just letting him watch what a fine young man you have become. I didn't know him, and I don't know you, but I'd guess that he is very proud of you, and that's a gift you gave him, a gift that probably meant more to him that you'll ever know. Seeing how you turned out, he obviously was a remarkable man.

The things you did to try and make his life better when he was having a tough time where remarkable. I wish more young men were like you today.

I'm very sorry for your loss.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Curtis,

Sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It is amazing how people can step in and help a young person like your step dad did for you. I agree with Scott's post above. The gift you gave him was accepting him and allowing him to help you. Some young people dont give a step parent a chance.

I just lost my mom this past May. I really never understood how important it was to talk to people who have lost a love one, but I now understand.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Sorry for your loss Curtis.

Sorry for your loss Curtis. You and your family will be in my prayers.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

My sincere Condolences, Curtis. Your family will be in my prayers.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Honor him by remembering the things he taught you and the times you spent together.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Scott said it very well My thoughts and prayers are with you , Curtis

Curtis - I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers sent for you and your family! You have made many friends here... and this is a tough situation for anyone. Email, PM or call if you would like to talk ....
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!