Thread: stair balusters - Video

stair balusters - Video

70 in all Smoked Oak 85 cm long and down to 2 cm i diameter.

The kind of work i love...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xAYrtdQV6A

i
    will post picturs of the stack (right now covering my bandsaw) when i have time. also of the finished stair
    Rasmus Petersen - woodturning.dk.
    Itīs not a failure itīs a design opportunity

Great job. Thanks for sharing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hope you all got a nice stash. Because this was seized at the border today.

Rasmus, Really enjoyed watching your spindle video. I've have always like spindle turning, but don't get enough reasons to do replication work. I'm sure you were still glad to see the last one on the lathe. Looks like the digital calipers work well for you. Thanks for the time and effort of recording and seeing the "Great White Powermatic"
    Member Illiana Woodturners

Thank you both. I wont say i wasent happy to be done, but again im looking for the next big balusterjob already The Galbert Calipoer is a great tool for turning balusters thats for shure. saves me a lot of time i processing.
    Rasmus Petersen - woodturning.dk.
    Itīs not a failure itīs a design opportunity

I enjoyed it. Interesting technique for steady the roughing gouge to prevent chatter. I haven't turned any long spindles. I suspect you turn 80 of anything and you get pretty good at it - and fast.
    God is great and life is good!

Now that was quick! Great job and done several times quicker that I could have turned it. Thanks for sharing the video with us.

Sid
    Sid Matheny
    McMinnville, TN