Thread: Oneway came through as promised

Blog Entries

Oneway came through as promised

I've been using a Oneway Stronghold chuck for years now. It started loosening up on its own. I contacted OneWay and they offered to send a replacement with no strings attached other than I have to send the old one back. as promised, my new chuck showed up today witha return label. Just want to give them a big thanks for their fantastic customer service. They will now be on the top of my list when it comes to Lathes, Chucks and anything else they may offer. I'ma happy guy today
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

I don't know that I've every heard anything negative about Oneway. They really seem to know what they're doing up there in the great white north.

Glad you got all sorted out Bill.

Glad to hear that you got your new chuck Bill! Still, I am curious as to why your original chuck started to loosen up... I do hope they get back to you with the reason!!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Blog Entries
    It worked perfectly for a couple years. One day I needed it to open ever so slightly so I gave an extra twist to open it up about a 1/32" after that it would loosen up when I turned the lathe off almost every time. as of last weekend it hasn't done it. I would really put both hands into it and it would still do it. Very strange. I will say though, before this mystery started, that sucker will hold a refrigerator.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

That's cool... been thinking about turning refrigerators....
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Bill, i also have a stronghold, and it is the only one i have had, great use since i have been turning, i did have to buy a new insert when i bought new lathe several years ago, larger spindle size

Steve.... full size or college dorm size refrigerators????

Its great when companys treat their customers like this, nice you gave them props for it to!
    Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wyko View Post
    that sucker will hold a refrigerator.
    Wow, that's a big lathe.....

Glad to hear they took care of you Bill.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Oneway chucks are on top in my book. Really glad you got a replacement.,and for "FREE".

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wyko View Post
    It worked perfectly for a couple years. One day I needed it to open ever so slightly so I gave an extra twist to open it up about a 1/32" after that it would loosen up when I turned the lathe off almost every time. as of last weekend it hasn't done it. I would really put both hands into it and it would still do it. Very strange. I will say though, before this mystery started, that sucker will hold a refrigerator.

Bill, what jaws were you using, and expansion or compression mode, or both? I have two stronghold chucks that I love, and use daily.