Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee WW Show 2005

Milwaukee WW Show 2005

After meeting up with Spring this morning, we headed east to the big city of Milwaukee.

After an hour or so, at the show, we met up with Jerry O. and we proceeded to have a beer and a good chat. That's Spring and Jerry in the first pic.

Checked out some more of the show and pic 2 is Spring at a dangerous place [in case you can't make out the t-shirt, it says, "LIE-NIELSON].

Pic 3 shows Jerry O. admiring the wispy curlys taken from one of them cordless thingys, that the nice man is demonstrating, from that same place.

Had a good time and it was especially nice meeting another "Creeker", Jerry.

Thanks for the ride Spring, thanks for the beer Jerry and thanks to both for a good day. I really enjoyed it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Pictures look good. I'm going to the show tomorrow (Saturday).

What, if anything, would you say is a MUST SEE at the show?
    Jeff

To say I had a good time would be an understatement! It was great, especially having finally met up with Jerry! He's always been on my "short list" of Creekers to meet and now, having done so, we WILL be making plans for follow-up visits!

I didn't feel the show was as big as last year. I noted that Laguna had a very large presence this year, but MM, Felder and even Festool were missing. We visited and then RE-visited the Kreg booth, as well as spent a bit more time at the LN booth. Wow, the guy there doing the demo's was great! He knew his wood, his planes, how to use them and how to explain all that he was doing and why.

Afterward, we hit a local pub for some grub, a glass or two of our preferred refreshment and some great company! Thanks to both, Karl and Jerry for contributing to a real fun day! And, just so you guys don't think I was the only one having fun, here are a few more pics, which I daresay, are pretty self-explanatory!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by John Miliunas; 02-26-2005 at 12:41 PM. Reason: brain fart
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pilcher
    Pictures look good. I'm going to the show tomorrow (Saturday).

What, if anything, would you say is a MUST SEE at the show?
    MUST SEE would be the two places I indicated with my short show summary, Kreg and the LN booths. Forrest had their display/demo going with decent prices on the WWII ($89.00, if I recall) and the Woodline router bits display had good pricing on their stuff, as well. If you're into WW books, TWC had 20% off 1 or 2 books, 25% off if you buy three or more. Pretty nice selection, too. Have fun!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

What? No gloats!

Now don't tell me you guys spent all that time at the show, and especially at the LN booth, and there isn't even a hint of a gloat! Come on...'fess up!

I have to concur with Spring as what are "Must Sees". The Kreg demo is very good. I was seduced and pics will be forth coming.

The LN booth and especially the plane demo was excellent. I would like to just sit down with him one on one for a couple of hours to learn about planes.

Thanks Spring for your pics. I didn't know you got one of me looking at the spinny thing. At least I wasn't drooling at the time.

I am going up today, wish me luck! Glad to hear you guys had a great time!

Question

OK guys, fess up what did you buy? We all know that we can't all go to a ww show and come out empty handed. It is just like a woman going to the "MALL" shopping. You know she bought something. SO WHAT DID YOU BUY? You can tell on each other too.

Randy
    Randy

Don't worry abuot tommorrow, it may never arrive
    Don't fret over yesterdays mistake, you can't undo them
    Just live today the best you can.

Randy,

Your right, there is no way John M. can get that close to all that stuff before the little plastic card...just accidently slips out of his wallet...."Opps! how did that happen!"
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    Randy,

Your right, there is no way John M. can get that close to all that stuff before the little plastic card...just accidently slips out of his wallet...."Opps! how did that happen!"
    You know him so well, Mark!!

Randy, I'll have some pics of my "find" soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    Randy,

Mark, you DO know me too well! Pics will be forthcoming, as I also have a couple "catch-up" pics to throw in there. Keep an eye on the Neander side.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Great Day!!!

This was a great day meeting with John and Karl and attending the Milwaukee show! A day in Paradise! Really enjoyed the LN booth and the demos by the well qualified rep. He really knew his stuff as was patient with an oaf like me. Kreg booth also well worth seeing. Good presentation and interesting new approaches on some jigs. MicroJig also had booth/demos worthwhile.Training sessions were in progress throughout the show by the "experts" @ back of the show floor and open to anyone. You could just drop in at your convenience. Yes, we did buy a few toys and separate posts will cover. MOST IMPORTANT was meeting "in person" 2 great guys, John and Karl. Without the show, the trip would have still been fun. Thanks to them for a GREAT day! We all plan to get together in the near future!
    Jerry

It is amazing John...my wife has that problem at South Coast Plaza...it just sort of emerges from her purse???? Wow ! does she save me money with all the sales she finds! And the clothes "Where do you use them Dear"' I ask..."To go shopping " to go shopping! You see it on SMC...we buy tools to make other tools, or we buy rusty chisels and fix them up for tool sake....Shh!...I hope Tom's not listening
    Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Mark, you DO know me too well! Pics will be forthcoming, as I also have a couple "catch-up" pics to throw in there. Keep an eye on the Neander side.
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Thanks to Jeff!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sudmeier
    I am going up today, wish me luck! Glad to hear you guys had a great time!
    As we headed to our cars after the show, John handed me a carefully wrapped ice chest courtesy of Jeff Sudmeier!! It was packed with various cuts, roast etc of vennison which i dearly love!! What a surprise from a very good guy! Altho I've sent Jeff a PM thanking, I wanted to publicly acknowledge this thoughtful gift. This is typical of the good people at SMC and Jeff thank you again!! Hope you enjoy the show today!!
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Olexa
    As we headed to our cars after the show, John handed me a carefully wrapped ice chest courtesy of Jeff Sudmeier!! It was packed with various cuts, roast etc of vennison which i dearly love!!
    WHAT???? No beer????!!!! I'm gonna' have to talk to that young man!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas