Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pierced and Textured Yellow Birch....

I would have liked that classic vase without ornamentation. But , it sure takes it over the top. Thanks for bringing it up from the vault!

Amazing job Wally, really like the grain working with the texturing and piercing you did. Nice work

Great looking piece of work. One of these days I will try something like that. What is a good tool to get for the piercings that will not break the bank?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Donny Lawson View Post
    Great looking piece of work. One of these days I will try something like that. What is a good tool to get for the piercings that will not break the bank?
    My piercing tool is the Nova, which is actually a dental drill. It runs at about 320,000 rpm. It's air driven so you need to have a compressor. Cost, with the controls runs in the neighborhood of $400. So sell your first pierced piece for $500 and you're already making a profit.

I really struggled with a meaningful comment...all that is floating around is Mucho Wow!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Wally I sure do like seeing some of your wonderful turnings. This is one of my favorites. Thanks for taking the time to show us. Please keep it up.

Steve

make me want to grab athesauruses to come up with an appropriate word for this. Just a fantastic piece.
    Thanks,
    Chris
    C&C Always Welcome
    Hello, my name is Chris, and I am a turnaholic..............
    Hiiii Chris