Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extension Tables For Table Saw / Permanent / Portable/ Wheels?

I built one that uses wheels and share the footprint of my tablesaw. I roll it out and pull the wheels up, then it is a stationary outfeed table.

JoePhoto_011810_004.jpgPhoto_011810_003.jpg

2. Here are some pictures of how I tackled both portable and big enough on my saw.

http://www.datasystemsltd.com/extension
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by richard poitras View Post
    But one concern I have is if it is on wheels (even with locking casters) would the extension table move while you push the wood thru and possible create a kick back from the table moving to one side?
    Not if you used hasps, or some other means to clip the table to the saw.
    You could even use locating pins to get it to the same position each time.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Mine weighs in easily at over 2000 pounds loaded, so rolling is no a problem.

Thanks for all the great replies. I like the idea of the short fixed out feed to handle the miter gauge. I am still on the fence as in a fold up extension or a wheeled cabinet. I am thinking more on the lines of a cabinet with wheels do to the fact I think it would be lowed up from within so I don’t think it would move much with locking casers and it is easily moved around for different usages.
    Also in using an adjustment for the top something link Jim O'Dell used on his table saw I think it would work for leveling it out at different machines if needed.

Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

My outfeed table on contractor saw is made of 3/4" Melamine MDF with a 1x2 on edge frame. It has folding legs on the side away from the saw, and the frame sits on the angle iron support for my Beisemeyer fence. There are hanger bolts set into the frame and these fit holes drilled in the angle iron to locate. Slots were routed into the MDF for the miter gage bar, with the underside of the MDF stiffened due to the weaked section. It is about 48" wide by 36" deep. It can be removed to have more access to motor or reduce foot print for space.

Quote Originally Posted by richard poitras View Post
    Thanks for all the great replies. I like the idea of the short fixed out feed to handle the miter gauge. I am still on the fence as in a fold up extension or a wheeled cabinet. I am thinking more on the lines of a cabinet with wheels do to the fact I think it would be lowed up from within so I don’t think it would move much with locking casers and it is easily moved around for different usages.
    Also in using an adjustment for the top something link Jim O'Dell used on his table saw I think it would work for leveling it out at different machines if needed.

For in and outfeed, I have found that I do not need specially accurate alignments, so I use cheap roller support stands instead of a fixed table (I have a portable bench in same hight as the table saw, but I have found I do not view it as worth the effort to use it with the saw). The side extension is more crucial, so although removable, it ismore or less always mounted on the table.

--- Mats ---

I purchased this hardware kit at Rockler http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...D=5719&max=999. It works pretty good, I just lift it off the my saw and fold the legs down. (The leg hardware is the only thing that I don't like.) I made it out of MDF and put some ribbing under it. I'm thinking of building it into a small torsion box and improve the leg design.

Dan

The outfeed table for my tablesaw is another tablesaw ( Jet Contractor). Both are on mobil bases and can be moved to suit.

On the surface I know it sounds like an extravagant, expensive solution. However a used working contractor saw can be purchased for less $$ than the materials required to build a good outfeed table, depending on materials.

Hank
    I love that saw setup you have. It's perfect for some major house remodels I have planned.
    Thanks
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)