Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glaser Arsenal

Glaser Arsenal

Yesterday FedEx attempted delivery of the B&B prize package from Glaser/Hitec and, if you can believe it, I was not at home! In fact no one was at home which was a bummer because the delivery required a signature! So today I made dang sure someone was here to sign for it. A pretty mundane image to be sure:

glaser_2.jpg

BUT... inside... now that's another story. No, it's not a giant set of pick-up sticks but a veritable arsenal of incredible turning tools. (Caution: the following image is very graphic and may incite tool lust in mature adults. Therefore it should only be viewed by those accompanied by children under the age of eleven.)

glaser_1.jpg

From top to bottom:
    1" Square Edge Scraper
    1" Spindle Gouge
    7/16" Oval Bowl Gouge
    3/4" Skew
    7/16" Detail gouge
    3/8" Bedan
    3/8" Beading Tool

Since I already have two Glaser screw chucks and several larger bowl gouges, I asked Paulo to substitute the Bedan and the beading tool for the screw chuck and the 1/2" bowl gouge that were listed in the prize package. He readily agreed to this so now I have some tools that I have really wanted and needed.

I have to say that I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by this. It has been several weeks now since the excitement of winning the "beauty" competition kept me up for several nights. But today, all of the excitement has returned. I can't thank everyone enough for this. The admins over at WTA, the voters, the judges, Paulo, and everyone who participated, all of you have contributed to making this a great day! And thanx to all of you here on SMC for being here to share it with!
    Last edited by David DeCristoforo; 10-07-2011 at 6:26 PM.
    David DeCristoforo

Wow...those are so sweet.

Fantastic!! I'm anxiously awaiting my delivery tomorrow, and have instructed LOML that someone must stay at home while I'm out getting more wood.
    Congrats David and nice haul of tools!
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

There went a paycheck!!!!!
    Quando Omni Flunkus - Moritatem!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Colman View Post
    There went a paycheck!!!!!
    No paycheck on this one - this was from David's win of the B&B contest on Woodturners America site!! Freebies!! Well, in a manner of speaking, I guess.

David, that is one very nice arsenal, but please tell me that is a typo on the 1/17" detail gouge!! Talk about detail work!!! 1/2" or 3/8" perhaps??

"...but please tell me that is a typo on the 1/17" detail gouge!!"

I wanted a really small one...
    No, really, it's typo. At least it was but I fixed it. I'm so excited I'm amazed that I could type at all!
    David DeCristoforo

Congrats David. Thats a nice looking set of tools and I know you were already a Glaser fan, so it's fitting that you got this particular prize!
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Really like the FedEx box, tools look good as well.

It's a thing of beauty. Congratulations.

Congratulations again David. A well deserved prize. Now, lets see what they can do.
    "Count your age by friends, Count your life by smiles."

David, congrats on your B&B win. It was a fabulous piece. Enjoy the new tools, Tom
    Chapel Hills Turning Studio
    Douglasville, GA

Hoosier by birth, Georgian by choice!

Have blanks, will trade.

Nice work on your winning of the contest it was well deserved, now as for the tools I think thats to many tools and you should share them sense I don't have any.
    Really congrats on your win, it really was well deserved.
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

Dave congrats on some really nice looking tools.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

You're one lucky guy...

"You're one lucky guy..."

That's what my wife keeps telling me...
    David DeCristoforo