Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: My New Beauty

Wow. That is an amazing lathe. Congrats on a fantastic upgrade!

Joshua

Thanks Josh! When you decide to upgrade from your Powermatic.... you should check these out! I have to admit - it is a blast turning on it!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Blog Entries
    I don't even turn and that Robust is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Thanks Josh! When you decide to upgrade from your Powermatic.... you should check these out! I have to admit - it is a blast turning on it!
    Hi Steve That's a real nice lathe, I can see you are getting it covered in dust and shavings already look forward to seeing your work, did you clean your workshop up for the photo shoot and put carpet down or is it always that clean I'm just joking, my workshop was only that clean and tidy when it was first built, enjoy your big Beauty and keep on turning.
    David

Wow !! Congrats to you Steve , That really is a beautiful lathe, and made in america to boot !!
    I love american made woodworking tools, If I didnt have my powermatic I would get one like yours.......Seth..
    I Love My Dedicated Machines ! And My Dedicated Wife Loves Me !

I don't know how I managed to miss this post. Congrats Steve!!!! I'm glad it finally got there... what a beautiful machine! I'm sure you love it. Well deserved my friend and congratulations!!!
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

Steve-
    Would you mind posting a review of this lathe?

Prashun - not at all but first I need to put in some time turning on it. So far I have only turned 4 super dry Maple bowls that I had roughed out back in 2008, roughed out one piece of green White Birch and hope to do my first hollow form (green) sometime this week. I can tell you that the lathe has been an absolute joy to use!
    Steve

Thanks. I've got a lot invested into my midi Delta 46-460, but am already thinking about my next lathe...

Having just turned 40, I think instead of a midlife crisis Porsche, I might want something a bit more 'Robust'. So, the big question is does your lathe make you a hit with younger ladies?

Well, it's been a big hit with my two granddaughters! They like just about everything that comes off the lathe!
    Steve