Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you tile an image after photograv?

Can you tile an image after photograv?

Hello,

I have a photo that I ran through photograv, after that I brought it into Corel x14 to tile it . This is where I'm lost, I have tried power clip, snap to, this and the other ( see the frustration ) I have watched a video and read laser tile's technical tips. I am just lost.. I am hoping I don't have to tile it then send each one to photograv.

Joe
    Epilog Fusion 32 60W

couldn't you just select table from the top drop down and create new table then convert it to curves ?

Might work

You can't take a photograv pic and convert to curves, I just tried. I am trying to create a 30 x 17.25 mural on lasertile.
    Epilog Fusion 32 60W

you want tile boxes the same size as the tiles right? count how many tiles then make a table the same size then convert the table to curves and place the photograv image into it, forgive me if im misunderstanding your project, I have used tables to create square or rectangle templates before.......

like this
    then convert the table to curves
    Attached Files Attached Files

Kasey,
    I made the table, converted to curves and imported the PG pic and the lines disappeared. How do you separate the boxes with parts of the photo in them?
    Joe
    Epilog Fusion 32 60W

right click on it and select order, either move the photo to back or move the lines to the front

Once I have that done how do I separate them? I have the lines to the front over the photo, now is there a grouping or something snap to ?? So lost. I appreciate the time.
    Epilog Fusion 32 60W

if your new to corel then you should make "object manager" your friend there you can make layers, I use it to make 2 layers "print" and "no print" so if im working on lots of graphics and only want to print certain ones I can move the ones i need to the "print" layer........makes life easier

ungroup them if there not already, then you can use the "shape tool" just below the pick tool to add nodes, right click on a line and ADD then right click and break at least 2 apart then you can select the pick tool and right click on it and select break curve apart then with the shape tool you can grab the triangles and move them or delete them.........good sources for corel help is actually on youtube

I've always made my tiles, grouped them, then power clip to group, ungroup and then you have your individual tiles.

Anthony
    "No man is a failure who has friends." -Clarence

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Anthony Welch
    Laurel,MS

Epilog Legend EX 45watt, Corel Draw 12 & x3, Photograv, Wacom tablet 4x5, ShopBot PRS96x48 w/spindle, airbrush and shop full of tools.

Skip PhotoGrav.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

13. Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    Skip PhotoGrav.
    is photograv a bad program, is it easier to use photoshop or corel photo, if so whats the tool to use ?

I like Photograv a lot, it took some time getting adjusted to how it thinks and what it will produce. I managed to group the grid and photo together then I cropped out what I could fit on my bed, then went back and cropped the rest and moved it to the top and this was the final outcome.Spiderman Mural 001.jpg
    Epilog Fusion 32 60W

I may have misunderstood what you mean by tiling. It is an easy process
    as Anthony stated. If you are having an issue with the lines engraving make
    them a hairline.

Once you have the image "Power Clipped" You can right click and perform editing
    for positioning, try to stay away from sizing though PG don't like that.

Roy Brewer has some great videos on "halftoning" an image in Corel. Quick and easy
    I posted the link here a few time, but a quick search of YouTube will bring it up.

I do alot of tile projects with Dye-Sub so I need to break them apart for the transfer,
    so don't be afraid to try larger murals and send them a section at a time. I large mural
    can be impressive.

I use PG a fair amount and get acceptable results. Some like PG and some don't.
    The Corel halftone is nice and I have used that a bit on more detailed images.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!