It looks like a move is coming and I will have to leave my 22'x24'x10'wall shop and build a new one. The original was built max size to fit the lot and had some limitations such as a 3' walk door on one wall and a double 3' (6' open) on another wall and lots of windows to make it suitable for use other than a woodworking shop. The new shop will be built more around an oversize freestanding single car garage so a future owner could rebuild a car, park a car, or something other than woodworking. I am considering a 16' or 18' wide by 24' long with 10' walls and a 3' door on side and a 9'Wx7'H insulated garage door off center, about 3' from side, on end. It will run parallel to alley access so entry would be from curved drive.

Main tools are:
Powermatic 3520 Lathe - 800# gorilla that rules the show
Delta Contractor saw with 52" Beisemeyer fence
Delta 14" Band Saw
16 1/2" Floor Stand Drill Press
Dewalt Planer 12 1/2"
Delta 8" Jointer - this aircraft carrier may have to go.
Grinder, Belt sanders, miter saw, etc.

Some current ideas are:
1. Concrete slab sealed with waterproofing
2. Standard stud wall construction, insulated walls, and panel walls
3. High (6' bottom to floor) sliding thermopane windows for light on alley side, and 5' bottom to floor on yard side (I'm 6' and want to look at yard)
4. Exposed ceiling joists with insulation in rafters
5. Metal roof with ridge vent
6. 150 amp service with local panel
7. Moving existing Oneida 2 hp cyclone and ductwork, but locating cyclone outside with filter return inside (noise reduction).
8. Using window type AC and portable heat.
9. Outlets 52" bottom to floor around shop
10. Multiple florescent lamp lights on 2 or more circuits.
11. No wash facilities - have access to 1/2 bath in house garage nearby.
12. Covered porch area at walk door 10' x 12' for outside work space.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Then all I have to do is price it out, get building permits, have built, and move all existing tools, benches, material, etc.