Thread: Video - Guys Turns Chess Piece With His Feet (and no motor)

Video - Guys Turns Chess Piece With His Feet (and no motor)

Maybe you guys have seen this before*, but it was just shared with me via a relative at Facebook:

http://www.wimp.com/chesspieces/

Makes me ashamed that I'm still a little afraid of the skew...

Lots of emotions flying around in my head after watching this. I feel blessed, inept, spoiled, unskilled, amazed. The reason I'm thinking these is when faced with a different problem, I tend toward another tool. This guy uses one tool and does an amazing job at it!
    Thanks for sharing.

Very sharp Skew!

Impressive and scary at the same time. I cant count the number of things that could go wrong and yet I want to make a joke about the "foot work"
    The last time I saw the light at the end of the tunnel it was another train heading at me...

Wayyyy to cool! WOW.

"The best things in life are not things."

Probably shouldn't have shown my wife, it's going to be really hard to justify next time I want to buy a new tool.

I've seen this before, but I never get tired of watching it! I used to feel bad that I couldn't do stuff like this, but then I remembered that I've got two left feet... Clearly a good right foot is required for this type of work!

Very remarkable to watch this. Videos like this make me want to buy the guy a small lathe and let him really have fun and create stuff on the lathe.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Yeah, that's been on here before. It is very impressive to say the least. That video seems to be the hot video on the net this week, since I have seen it popping up all over the place.

A friend of mine had seen this before as well and last year when he was in Marrakech he sought out this fella and now has a short video of himself with the guy and also a few of the pieces that he turned for him. Apparently he is kept extreamly busy turning for the tourists and is able to make a good deal of $$$ doing so. Also he travels / commutes on foot apx I believe 10 miles or so each day from his home.

John