Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burrrrrr...........It is snowing here ....now with pics

Burrrrrr...........It is snowing here ....now with pics

It is actually snowing here in my neck of the woods this evening.........can you believe that! I was going to spend some time in the shop [a.k.a. studio ] this evening..........I might just forget it for this evening!
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 10-29-2011 at 8:00 AM.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I have been working all week trying to get the shop cleaned and moved around so I can fire up the woodburner. We had snow flying here also today.
    ---I may be broke---but we have plenty of wood---

Got the stove fired up and ready to roll as we had snow already.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

An ice cold draft was blowing through my shop tonight. No snow here in the near future, but I could tell winter was here when I got out of bed this morning and my joints played me a tune.

Stupid cold weather.

We had a light dusting of snow/ice on the ground and cars this morning. We have also had a few nights under 32 so far. Supposed to have a noreaster rolling in tomorrow afternoon - probably no snow for us but some areas a little west of us might get hit. Thankfully my shop is just a walk down the stairs to the basement.
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

we were suppose to have the race this weekend, best rain we have had this year, steady, soaking rain, but no snow yet here in the footheels

Roger, must be a shocker after just being to the beach!! Nothing here, yet, but several spots in KY had some light snow - including Gary, sounds like!

Nothing here in the Great White North. We had about 1" of hail in Escanaba when I got to work this morning. That was real strange. I just ran into it a few blocks from the office.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Right now the ground is covered white, and the tree limbs on the white pines in the back are starting to droop down from the snow piling on............

Just checked in as I am away from home and you guys make me homesick here on the beach in Hawaii. But alas, not a shop or tool in sight. Back at it soon and my mind haas been active with many plans after I return.

Quote Originally Posted by David Reed View Post
    Just checked in as I am away from home and you guys make me homesick here on the beach in Hawaii. But alas, not a shop or tool in sight. Back at it soon and my mind haas been active with many plans after I return.
    Hey, its like Dorothy said..........."there's no place like home!" After 2 days at the beach, I was ready to come home and get back to work!

Boy there sure is some wierd weather going around. Here in the Twin Cities, where you would expect flurries, we had a beautiful fall day today, about 52. Who would think there would be snow in Kentucky before Minneapolis? Go figure!

We had a good layer of frost on everything this morning, but no snow yet. Plenty of rain though.

14. Up this morning at about 6:15 to let the dogs out..........about 3 inches on the ground so far...........looks like it is still coming down, only maybe changing over to freezing rain...........33 degrees as I type this.

Just saw the weather report and expectations of up to a foot of snow for parts of New England - look out Baxter!!!!