Thread: Look what ya'll have done!!!!!!!!!!!

Look what ya'll have done!!!!!!!!!!!

Around 2 1/2 years ago I happened upon this forum, can’t remember the reason why (everything’s been sort of hazy since then). Couldn’t resist it been here almost everyday since then, sometimes several times a day. Since then I’ve acquired a Bionic Face Shield, Grizzly chuck and assorted jaws, Doug Thompson ½ bowl gouge, Drozda 3/8 spindle gouge, Sorby Micro Hollowing set, cheap set of tools that included a (skew chisel, roughing gouge, 2 scrapers, 2 parting tools, yesterday the new Delta 46-460 arrived. This slippery slope has got me and I still have not laid a tool on wood yet.
    The Tsunami is Rising
    Roll Tide
    15 And Counting

2. And ................what's your point? You have not done much different than most others here.........problem, what problem?
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

What Roger said... It's caution to the wind from here on!

The only problem I see is a lack of even more stuff! Common man, your falling behind!!!
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Dwight, you just have the stuff you "think you need" - wait 'till you make the list of the stuff "you REALLY need, and need BAD!!!!

You should know that the most stringent rule on this forum, coming even before the "no profanity expressed or implied" rule and, yes, even more important than the "stay on topic" rule is that no posts claiming the acquisition of any tool, wood or other woodworking related object such as a huge truck, trailer, log lifter, etc. can be posted without at least one picture in which the said objects can be plainly seen. You will have to write the preceding sentence one hundred times in longhand before you will be allowed further postings.
    David DeCristoforo

Quote Originally Posted by David DeCristoforo View Post
    You should know that the most stringent rule on this forum, coming even before the "no profanity expressed or implied" rule and, yes, even more important than the "stay on topic" rule is that no posts claiming the acquisition of any tool, wood or other woodworking related object such as a huge truck, trailer, log lifter, etc. can be posted without at least one picture in which the said objects can be plainly seen. You will have to write the preceding sentence one hundred times in longhand before you will be allowed further postings.
    David, David, David......I just figured how to turn the lathe on today, and now you want me to learn how to post pictures on the same day. Talk about mental overload. Sadly the dirtest shops i've seen on here are spotless compared to mine, need a dumpster and backhoe to clean it out. Pictures will come at a later date.
    The Tsunami is Rising
    Roll Tide
    15 And Counting

Congrats on your dive into the vortex. Funny thing is what people have said about you just think you have everything you need is true.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I am with Dave
    No pictures means it did not happen...
    Carpe Lignum

I sure hope you enjoy your new lathe. Still love mine two years later.

I can't believe it took you two year's. Evidently we have not been doing a very good job.

Congratulations on the new lathe. That is a very nice little machine.

Alan

You're just starting on lathe number 1, and I'm on number seven, so you have a loooooooong way to go to catch up!!!

Jamie has evidently had a successful lathe breeding program going on. I only have four lathes, and I can't seem to get them to reproduce. From time to time I do fine extra routers around the shop. Maybe that's the larval form.
    Lathes: Nova DVR XP, Delta 46-460, Jet 1014vsi; Bader III 2"x72" belt grinder; Triton 2.25 router; CMT Industrio table; Jointech fence; SC planer; Dewalt miter; Delta 14" bandsaw; Festool TS55, MFT/3, CT22, ETS150/3, OF1400, PSB300EQ, CXS; Hegner Scrollsaw; JJ-6CS jointer; Grizzly 1023s cabinetsaw, Jet 17" drill press; Rigid OSS; 9" SandFlee; 3M AirStream & Breathe Easy PAPRs

Only if they begin to sprout legs Alan!