Thread: the wild and wonderful white family of west virginia....

the wild and wonderful white family of west virginia....

Must see TV...on showtime VOD.

http://wildandwonderfulwhites.com/

Tim,

As you know, I don't have TV, so I can't take your suggestion. Having lived in WV, I'd watch, though if I could. We all at the big O are going to be a wild white family by tomorrow AM, though - sorry, couldn't resist.

One benefit, though - a family outing for tomorrow has been canceled because of the snow, so I'll be cozily ensconced in front of my Dad's TV tomorrow at 4:15 instead. The lord works in mysterious ways......

See you Monday - have you managed to stay open without me?

Blog Entries
    Looks like it's on NetFlix VOD, as well...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Darrow View Post
    Tim,

As you know, I don't have TV, so I can't take your suggestion. Having lived in WV, I'd watch, though if I could. We all at the big O are going to be a wild white family by tomorrow AM, though - sorry, couldn't resist.

One benefit, though - a family outing for tomorrow has been canceled because of the snow, so I'll be cozily ensconced in front of my Dad's TV tomorrow at 4:15 instead. The lord works in mysterious ways......

See you Monday - have you managed to stay open without me?
    we managed to stay open bruce, but you may need to plan a day of cleaning the shop...unless the boys cleaned it for you this weekend.

Should be a good one...glad you will be watching!! Go Pats!!

wonderful. tv shows about hammerhead hillbillies !

We don't have to go to carnivals anymore to see freak shows. Just turn on your TV...

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Campbell View Post
    We don't have to go to carnivals anymore to see freak shows. Just turn on your TV...
    T V come in second compare to the freaks on the internet, the school teachers are the worst

I saw it and to be honest I hated watching more than 10mins of it. To me this was one big showcase of how a family is addicted to drugs, gangs and other crap. Working in DC, I see this all day long.. I wish I could get back 1:30hr of waste of my time... and to be honest, it adds to the bad wrap WV and the people get. I was in Elkins, WV a few weeks ago. Great people, clean place and awesome scenery... Don't waste your time watching this garbage!

Blog Entries
    Hey, Peter, what about that trip you and Mike took to WV to check out a CL "deal" on a grinder (or some other tool)? I thought that was a deliverance banjo-picking background music kinda day...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Dan, that was some scary sh!t... plus the fact I was on crutches and the land was nothing but mud. When Mike got a little attitude and almost ran over his chickens, I had 911 ready on the speed dial. If that was in the "Whites neighborhood", we'd be beef jerky by now..

I used to live in maryland, and spend many awesome weekends in west virginia...awesome state and GREAT people...a truly wonderful life. This documentary just happens to be filmed in WV, but in no way is it, nor was it meant to be a reflection of WV. I watched it and thought it was a reflection of a HUGE part of our deteriorating country. A part that is being destroyed by drugs and poverty...but mostly by a government that is enabling these people to live this way thru entailment programs. This is a reflection on all of us...IMO.

Good points Tim... really dead on with the way society can live on gov't programs, etc. Watching this (and I had little choice) was just another day at work.