Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Landon Blitz

Joe Landon Blitz

No way I'm gonna reply to all those posts so I'll just lump it into one and say "Nice stuff, Joe."
    David DeCristoforo

I'm just excited that we've found someone that actually turns stuff out faster than Kathy!

Thanks guys. I apologize if the number of posts are overwhelming. It was pointed out earlier that I have not been as active here as I could be. I wanted to introduce myself and my body of work to the Sawmill Creek community that is not familiar with me. I hope to earn credibility through showing rather than telling. I enjoy and appreciate this forum. I hope to contribute more in the future.
    "My favorite piece is my last one, my best piece is my next one."

That's it, this site is now the Joe Landon turning site. I lost count trying to count the posts. And yes I'm totally jealous. Great pieces Joe. Don't wait so long to post such gorgeous stuff. Thanks for posting them and can't wait to see more.
    Member Illiana Woodturners

Joe you have been a turning machine. All of those were extremely nice pieces.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Great bunch of work Joe. I just got done watching your video and realized at the end that I had seen it before! Still, a great video and your tool presentation is very good and you make it look easy. Thanks for sharing your work.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Been and admirer of your work for a while now and these works are no exception to your great skill and eye!

And I agree with Scott, your Youtube clip is invaluable...just wish it wasn't limited to one. Though I can't be sure I'd show many of my secrets either if my work were up to your caliber.

What a great collection of turnings! Every time I saw one that might be my favorite, I would see another "favorite" All very nice, but the dyed pieces and the matte black carved pieces are especially nice!

Quote Originally Posted by David E Keller View Post
    I'm just excited that we've found someone that actually turns stuff out faster than Kathy!
    Oh nooo I've been de-throned! But even if I was turning stuff out faster, I'm not even in the same ballpark with Joe's quality!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Joe:

Some post about their tools, instead of turn with them.
    Others let their tools speak through their turnings.

You have now earned the right to one un-moderated review of a tool - as long as you select from the approved list of manufacturers!

You have just posted a wonderful, creative body of work . I would say that you certainly are in tune with your medium as well as tools. Keep sharing - pieces as well as methods.

Jerry
    Jerry

"It is better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation" - Herman Melville

My hyper imagination sees someone capturing Joe and locking him away in a dungeon with provisions, a lathe and lots of turning blanks and tells him he won't be allowed back into the daylight until he has created a wealth of wonderful hollow forms. Welcome back to the light Joe. Nice work.
    faust

11. Joe,

All the pieces you posted are first class all the way............just wanted to acknowledge your work, and it has been a while since I have seen some of your pieces, but they do speak of your skill and creativity.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Wish I'd seen this thread before I started posting on the individual forms!
    Joe, I discovered your tutorial on dying forms quite a while ago, and it's my bible on that subject. I just need more practice. You do such an amazing job on the dye, though, that it's easy to overlook the fact that the forms are so consistently stunning. Thanks for posting - it's inspirational.

Blog Entries
    Anyone care to point to the dying tutorial?
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Dan,
    Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it when you get there...
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

nice forms