Thread: what is the overall length of the Delta 46-460 plus extension?

what is the overall length of the Delta 46-460 plus extension?

According to the website, the lathe is 36" and the extension is 29. I just wanted to see if someone could double check that on theirs that is already set up. Thanks.
    Where did I put that?

I can check tonight if i have time (am getting ready to leave town tomorrow for a week). Do you want overall length, or bolt pattern footprint?
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

The base of the lathe is 32" and the extension is 27", total of 59". The headstock spindle wheel will stick out an inch beyond that and depending on where you position the tailstock the handle may stick out beyond that but if your base is 60" you're good to go.
    A turning a day keeps the doctor away.

Rob, If the lathe is called a 36 inch lathe ,much of the time this number is the distance between the headstock center and the tailstock center, the bed actual length will be more than 36 inches

Cool thanks Ron. I need to modify a bench to fit into a space in anticipation of my lathe which I'll be buying next week. Ray- the distance between centers is 16.5", but when delta lists the length at 36" I wasn't sure if that was footprint or handle to handle. I was surprised it was that much more, basically double the distance between centers. I wanted to be sure I make the new bench long enough to handle the footprint. I need to cut it down from 72" and didn't want to cut it too short. 66" will fit my space and give me a few inches to spare on either side. Perfect!
    Where did I put that?