Thread: Delta After Market Throat Plate Were To Buy? For The New Models

Delta After Market Throat Plate Were To Buy? For The New Models

Does anyone know a good place to purchase an aftermarket table saw insert/throat plate for the new delta uni-saw’s? In looking at getting them from a delta dealer they run $59.00.
    http://www.tools-plus.com/delta-36-805.html

I know it’s a new saw but usually some company sells inserts at a cheaper price.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

I am probably not much help, but, you are probably better off just making your own from plywood, MDF, UHMW, etc. It looks like they are 1/2" thick. Corian would work well too, if you can get some scraps.

It looks like Leecraft is making the new uni insert - it's a Leecraft DL-7 and available from Woodcraft and Amazon (ships from Woodcraft) for $38.99. It's a little less direct from Leecraft but you can usually work a discount and/or free freight from Woodcraft.

What's your impression of the new uni - I'm close to buying one - they have sold me on the made in USA feature.

Regards
    Tom
    East Side of Big D

I bought the leecrafts for mine. They make a dado version and normal blade version. Very nice quality but they are solid phenolic and the kick back attachment gets caught in it (digs in and gets stuck) when lowering the blade. Not a big deal but kind of a pain. The Delta made ones are metal where the kick attachment lands so it just slides away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Leathem View Post
    It looks like Leecraft is making the new uni insert - it's a Leecraft DL-7 and available from Woodcraft and Amazon (ships from Woodcraft) for $38.99. It's a little less direct from Leecraft but you can usually work a discount and/or free freight from Woodcraft.

What's your impression of the new uni - I'm close to buying one - they have sold me on the made in USA feature.

Regards
    Tom
    I havent got it yet I am ordering it tomarrow from Tools Plus $2400.00 for the 3 hp with the 52'' fence deliverd.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

I make mine. I use whatever hardwood I have lying around. I put a small finishing nail in the back to keep the back from lifting up . I have have one come up at me.
    Be careful when raising the blade to cut the first slot. I use plywood or something clamped to the table to hold it down.
    You can use a pattern bit in a router to make them. Make the first one a little over sized and fit snugly then use that one for a template.
    The one that came with mine was a little sloppy and moved from side to side.
    I drilled for 1/4-28 set screws to adjust it to the table height.

I love my new 5hp unisaw I got it a month ago from tools plus. Everything came square no adjustment were required.

WOW! You got a great deal. You'll love the saw. I have had mine for about 6 months and it is a beast. Silky smooth and eats up wood like nobody's business.
    Last edited by Brian Loran; 11-05-2011 at 1:47 PM.

Check Ebay.

Thanks for the reply’s but in making the deal on the new saw I got them to drastically reduce the price of the plates for the saw so I purchased them from delta.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006