Thread: Cleaning exterior of a spray gun?

Cleaning exterior of a spray gun?

I finally got around to cleaning my Fuji gun today. I've been properly maintaining the interior, but the exterior of the gun was getting downright ugly. Since I only spray waterbornes and shellac, I wiped it down well with DNA which worked fairly well along with a lot of elbow grease. There are still a few gunked up spots, I'd like to clean better, but my thumb got numb from all that rubbing! Is there any stronger solvent that will work for this job? Thanks for the help.

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    Paint remover.

Other options if you happen to have them handy... Lacquer thinner, acetone or MEK.
    Scott

Finishing is an 'Art & a Science'. Actually, it is a process. You must understand the properties and tendencies of the finish you are using. You must know the proper steps and techniques, then you must execute them properly.

Thanks. I've got some Acetone. I'll give it a try.

Soy Gel makes a product called Kleen Again which an excellent gun cleaner. About $18 quart.

Going forward, wipe a very tiny bit of oil or wax on the outside of the gun before you spray. It will clean up much easier. I use Boeshield after cleaning and just rub a tiny bit all over the gun when I'm done.