Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
10 years ago, it was the couple of drops that sometimes spilled when I removed the filler from my car's tank. Today, the leading cause for me is EASILY the new anti-spill gas cans. Between the awkward positions it requires and the malfunctions where the sliding part gets stuck, I easily spill far mire today than I ever had. More importantly, I spill at more dangerous times, i.e. when refueling. Finally, it takes MUCH longer to fill anything than it ever did in the past. Am I the only one that sees these monstrosities as a complete failure right across the board??I need to find some old fashioned gas cans. These things are just not safe.
Don't get me started on this... We've had to use these for years here in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. Best I can figure, the manufacturer is buddy buddy with the government. If you can't sell your junk, no problem just get a law passed to make it mandatory and make up some lies about it being "safer" or "green". Maybe the oil companies are in on it too seeing how more fuel winds up on the ground than in the tank causing you to have to purchase more... I have to get my family to smuggle me in some proper fuel spouts and Danish Oil. I'm a hardcore criminal.